She Loves You Lennon/McCartney
Rating click stars to rate
You need to log in to post comments
Lots of suggestions to improve this one.
1. First off, it's originally in G (not C), so transpose -5.
2. Omit the opening G. The first word of the song ("She") is sung without music. The opening Em comes in on "loves". When you play it, open with an enthusiastic 4 count and then pound the Em on "loves".
3. Change all A7 to A.
4. As shown, change all D7 to D.
5. Insert D7's in the line: "and with a love like that, you know you should be glad". Play D on "know" and D7 on "should".
6. Optional: Change all Cm to Am. I know Cm is likely the right chord, but Macca's harmony allows an Am to work just as well and I personally think it sounds better. Try it for yourself.
7. Eliminate the first "Oooh" (they don't sing that high OOOH at this point in the record). Play a D on "glad" and immediately transition to a D+ (XX0332), then back to G for the start of "She said you hurt her so".
8. If you want to have fun with the "Ooooh's", play a normal D on "glad" and rapidly strum a 14th fret D on "Oooh". If you practice it a lot and time it right it will make your audience smile.
9. If you want to mimic George's musical yeah-yeah-yeah's, you can play this: xx5003, xx4002, xx2000. You'll figure out where they need to go.
Have fun with it. This is a crowd favorite because everybody knows it.
Bob Cummins (report)
If I should hurt you too, ap ologize to her.
It should be:
Pride can hurt you too, ap ologize to her.