Back Home Again John Denver
There's a [D]storm across the [D7]valley [G]clouds are rollin' in
the [A7]afternoon is heavy on your shoul[D]ders
there's a truck out on the [D7]four lane a [G]mile or more away
the [A7]whinin' of his wheels just makes it [D]colder
2. He's an [D]hour away from [D7]riding on your [G]prayers up in the sky
3. After all the news to tell him, how'd you spent your time?
4. It's the sweetest thing I know of just spendin' time with you
2. and [A7]ten days on the road are barely [D]gone,
3. and what's the latest thing the neighbor say?
4. It's the little things that make a house a home.
2. there's a fire softly [D7]burning, [G]supper's on the stove
3. and your mother called last friday? 'Sunshine' made her cry
4. Like a fire softly burning, supper on the stove
2. and there's a [A7]light in your eyes that makes him [D]warm
3. and you felt the baby move just yester-day.
4. and a light in your eyes that makes me warm
R: [G]Hey, it's good to [A7]be back home a[D]gain [D7]
[G]sometimes t[A7]his old farm feels [D]like a long lost [G]friend.
Yes and [A7]hey, it's good to be back home [D]again.
B: [D7]And [G]oh, the time that [A7]I can lay this [D]tired old body [G]down
e A7 D D7
and feel your finger feather soft upon me.
The [G]kisses that I [A7]live for the [D]love that lights my way [G]
e G A7
the happiness that living with you brings me.