Topic: CHALLANGE 11

Yes its time for a really good challange for all the wordsmiths out in Chordie Land, have I got a song for you! heres the challange: Write words to this song it can be downloaded from my mediafire link at the bottom under the folder name "RUMPTY" ho ho ho this is a wild one "rock and roll fellow chordians" foot stompin good ol rock and roll,this is open to all members, if you can write words no matter how goofy they seem send them to me, "your huddled masses yearing to breathe free" send them, send them to me.This challage will stay till I recieve enough entries to make it a real contest not like the last time when over 1000 people viewed it,listened to it and did nothing, be not afraid go into the ring, face your fears WRITE SOME LYRICS! that is all for now any questions see my secretary lol better yet ask here smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: CHALLANGE 11

Hi again Russell this is the second time I am posting my ''Rumpty'' efforts. The first was in the wrong place - so ''wots'' changed. These are not the most esoteric words ever written but what the hell ''it's only rock and roll, and we like it''. So here goes.
Get movin'
midnites callin'
sunshine, lousy mornin'
driving driving all day
get out of the way
clear the streets
dirty feet
i see you
dirty feet
get movin'
nobody's groovin
sly rat shootin'
at the stars
throwin' stones
shooting stars
rumpty humpty
killing cars
rumpty humpty
empty the jars
rumpty feel free
rumpty oh yeaaah
killing cars
empty jars
rumpty oh yeaaah
killing cars

With luck and a few beers maybe you'll be able to make something of this.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

thanks buvvy I will copy and paste these lyrics to my notepad and work with them they have a good ol rock and roll feel to them so it shouldn't be to hard to integrate them into the music but on a side note for other entries send it by email the link is on the left,this way I will get the lyrics so no one else can borrow from your ideas smile

buvvy wrote:

Hi again Russell

With luck and a few beers maybe you'll be able to make something of this.

I should have posted this first,please submit your entries by emailing me the link is on the left smile

Hi Russ,

I have had a listen and want to have a go but as I am not the best wordsmith in the world I am struggling a bit. If it is not against the rules can you possibly post a bar by bar chord progression which will help me and maybe others too?

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger I'll see what I can do,as this song was transferred from a cassette it is in Eb but in reality its really E so tune your guitar 1/2 step lower and you should be able to find them,for the most part there's only 2, E and A with a turn around D C B if you dont tune the guitar 1/2 step lower the chords are Eb Ab and the turnaround is Db B Bb and back to Eb so try tuning your guitar 1/2 lower and play along with the music you are sure to find it and if not I will give the changes bar by bar and if anyone else has the same problem chime in so I can put the chords in order but try my suggestion first if your unsuccessful in locating the chords I will be happy to copy and paste the arrangement smile 

Roger Guppy wrote:

Hi Russ,

I have had a listen and want to have a go but as I am not the best wordsmith in the world I am struggling a bit. If it is not against the rules can you possibly post a bar by bar chord progression which will help me and maybe others too?

Roger

Thanks Russ I will give that a whirl later. I must admit I was trying to be lazy and not have to work it out for myself. I am quite happy to work in Eb and I would not re-tune my guitar because, stubborn old fool that I am, I beleive that anything other than standard tuning is a cheat.

Tanks again,

Roger

I know your stubborn Roger lol but your not a fool smile and the song sounds better with the open E and A chords and by the way I retunned my guitar a half step down and it had nothing to do with cheating I had to add additional tracks and it just sounded better then useing modified chords or a bar Eb it changes the feeling of the song the tried and true open E to open A is best,in my opinion smile

Roger Guppy wrote:

Thanks Russ I will give that a whirl later. I must admit I was trying to be lazy and not have to work it out for myself. I am quite happy to work in Eb and I would not re-tune my guitar because, stubborn old fool that I am, I beleive that anything other than standard tuning is a cheat.

Tanks again,

Roger

OK Sir,

Just this once, and bowing to your better judgement,  I will for the very first time de-tune my guitar. smile

Roger

Atta boy always something new to learn, I do each and every day, I wrote a song "chains of growing" about the stages of life it reminds me of a quote (this may not be exact) it go's "when I was a very young man I thought my parents were stupid,but as I grew older I realized how much smarter they got smile

Roger Guppy wrote:

OK Sir,

Just this once, and bowing to your better judgement,  I will for the very first time de-tune my guitar. smile

Roger

HI RUSS

CAUGHT THIS ONE EARLY, I'VE DOWN LOADED THE TRACK AND I'M ON THE JOB, SEND WHAT I'VE GOT WHEN I'VE SOMETHING TO SEND. TALK SOON MY FRIEND

PHILL

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thank you Phill, you must be typing on your first cup of coffee with all the upper case letters lol

Phill Williams wrote:

HI RUSS

CAUGHT THIS ONE EARLY, I'VE DOWN LOADED THE TRACK AND I'M ON THE JOB, SEND WHAT I'VE GOT WHEN I'VE SOMETHING TO SEND. TALK SOON MY FRIEND

PHILL