Topic: Gaza

Is it my imagination that happy poems seem  to elicit no response - when one considers the acrimonious start to the poem section I seem to think that the start has been rather slow - maybe it's the holidays.  I wrote this poem  after watching the news this evening - it is supposed to be a new year - but is it really?

GAZA        BUVVY        04-01-09

PALESTINE  TURNS  THE  SCREWS
THE  ISRAELIS’  SAY
DON’T  BOMB  THE  JEWS
WE  WILL  FIGHT  BACK
YOU  WILL  NEVER  BREAK  OUR  BACK
TANKS  AND  PLANES
ARE  IN  OUR  ARMORY
THEY  ARE  NOT  FOR  PLAYING  GAMES
GUNS  AND  MISSILES
BOMBS  FROM  OUR  PLANES
NEVER  AGAIN, 
WILL  ISRAEL  PLAY  GAMES
DON’T  FIRE  YOUR  ROCKETS
NEW  YORK  IS  IN  OUR  POCKETS
THEY  HAVE  THE  MONEY
WE  HAVE  THE  POWER
ISRAELI  SAND
HAS  DEVASTATING  FIRE  POWER
MADNESS  REIGNS
FROM  BOTH  SIDES  PLANES
WOMEN  AND  CHILDREN  ARE  KILLED
WHILE  OUTSIDE  PLAYING  GAMES
IS  THIS  FAIR – BOTH  SIDES  DECLARE
WE  DON’T  KNOW  WHO  WANTS  THIS  WAR
BOTH  SIDES  CAN  NEVER  EVEN  THE  SCORE
OLD  AND  YOUNG,  MIGHTY  AND  WEAK
SLAUGHTERING  PEOPLE  LIKE  INNOCENT  SHEEP
BLOOD  OF  THE  LAMB
DEATH  IS  IN  A  CAN
GOD  ALMIGHTY  SAYS
GIVE  BACK  MY  LAMB
YOU  PEOPLE  ARE  CRAZY
I’D  EVEN  SAY  MAD
WHAT  ALL  OF  YOU  ARE  DOING
IS  MAKING  ME  SAD
SO  SLOW  DOWN  YOUR  GUNS
HARNESS  YOUR  BOMBS
B OTH  SIDES  NEED  TO  SIT  DOWN  AND  TALK
WITH  GREAT  APLOMB
LET  PEACE  BE  DECLARED
LET  SANITY  REIGN
LETS’  ALL SHARE  DESERT  SAND
AND  END  ALL  PAIN
LET  PEACE  RETURN  TO  ALL  MY  LAND
PAVED,  ASPHALT
OR  JUST  DESERT  SAND.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

Re: Gaza

Stong but honest writing here Sir.

Indeed we lived through  some very dark times here.. Images of  innocents injured are  a absolute heartache to me..

I was in the north of Ireland many years ago, when a bomb went off.. To this day i hear the crys and feel the terror in my heart.

God must get real tired being called upon  to support both sides in war.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Someone touched me as I slept
I awoke in a desert
I tried to draw your face in the sand
But the wind came and blasted my eyes
I ran towards the comfort of my past
But there was no horizon
So I stopped and stood, erect
Like a nipple on the smooth breast of Mother Earth
And I watched as the shifting sands
Stole the footprints of my story.

Just a short thought/poem on what it must be like to have your history/family stolen from you.
Incidentally, I grew up in Northern Ireland among all the s***e...
Dear Mother Earth, please bless Palestine!

- Stu

* edited a word that others may find offensive. please read sticky in chat corner concerning all the forum. this is a family site...Thank you.....upyerkilt*

Hi Stu,

Strong imagery, well done.

Those of us who went through NI in the 60's, 70', 80's etc know that you used the right word. SLF's "Waste My Life" was very true.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Stu when someone posts a poem readers can comment on this poem if you wish to post your poem open a new topic on the top right of this forum instead of hijacking another thread.

bigstu75 wrote:

Someone touched me as I slept
I awoke in a desert
I tried to draw your face in the sand
But the wind came and blasted my eyes
I ran towards the comfort of my past
But there was no horizon
So I stopped and stood, erect
Like a nipple on the smooth breast of Mother Earth
And I watched as the shifting sands
Stole the footprints of my story.

Just a short thought/poem on what it must be like to have your history/family stolen from you.
Incidentally, I grew up in Northern Ireland among all the s***e...
Dear Mother Earth, please bless Palestine!

- Stu

* edited a word that others may find offensive. please read sticky in chat corner concerning all the forum. this is a family site...Thank you.....upyerkilt*

"Growing old is not for sissies"

It is an atrocity, this is not longer HUMAN! And why? Because of some tunnels and weapons.
I respect everybody, but after reading stories from Belgium doctors, and seeing pictures of children mutilated, women too, I admit that this is too much for words.
A lot of people are going, at a safe distance of cours, to watch all that "firework" over there.
I HATE DISASTER TOURISTS, but I am also guilty. Who doesn't stop to watch a car crash happened on the other side?
I saw 3 times in my career an event you don't see often (and the big boss of BMG, the record company who was a very good friend happened to be witness each time)
1) A dead body, in the middle of a hot day, no head, no feet and no hands. They asked me to estimate when that person (a young women) died. Year: 1983, and I based my conclusion on the fact of a yellow substance = the pre maggot moment. I always loved to become a coroner (here it is always a MD specialized in pathology, and post mortem investigation), they phoned me later to tell that my opinion there was 75% responsible to catch the killers.
2) Saving people from a burning house
3) Saving someone who had drunk "pesticide".
I can't understand the situation there in Gaza, why? Can someone tell me why this is happening?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Poems
The place for poems and lyrics that are not yet ready to become songs to be shared and discussed

Lieven(gitaardocphil),

Very insightful commentary to buvvys' "Gaza" poem. Your words made me re-read the poem and I now have a deeper understanding of the poem.(I think?!) Keep the comments coming, I'm pretty sure the writer of this poem and others as well will benefit from your unique interpretation  and discussions of life.

I'm no expert in foreign affairs but from what  I can gather the conflict in Gaza stems from organized religion, and opposing interpretations thereof.

Oh yeah, and congratulations on your moderator status in this section. Your words always make me look deeper into my original impression of a topic.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

yes it is getting deep, must put my boots on

Russell_Harding wrote:

yes it is getting deep, must put my boots on

LMAO...funny Russ

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hi Doc, you say that the devastation going on in the Middle East is not ''human'', it is only the so called ''human'' race that kills, maims, murders and violates for financial or personal gain. In the animal kingdom animals only kill to survive, and then go back to living in harmony. If only the powers that be would listen more intently to nature, then maybe we could all live in harmony - the way it should be. My poem is meant to reflect the utter madness and futility of war as it is always the innocents who suffer. But thankx for taking the time to comment.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.