Topic: Gitmo Blues...posting in Poems 'cause I can't stomach singing it...

Savor The Song Of The Suffering Fool

Stripped And Bound Naked; Writhing In Drool

His Organs Ain't Failing No Imminent Harm...

Hands Higher! Right There!

Now He Can't Feel His Arms...

I'll Write Mom Tomorrow - Just Put On The Wires,

We'll Give Him A Whiff Of His Funeral Pyre!

Stuff This In His Mouth, Now:Slap On The Hood...
                                        Hit The Juice
                                        Smell The Flesh
                                        Dance and Scat
                                        Then Sport Wood,
                                        Skip The Bath, Hit The Bricks
                                        Get Another One Prepped!
The Orders Just Came,

...still 31 left

Embrace what you love.
Start with you.
Do the next right thing.

Re: Gitmo Blues...posting in Poems 'cause I can't stomach singing it...

"Gitmo Blues" is that what what they have? sheeeet dem more den da blues dem the deads but I must admit this "poem"is poignant albeit on the dark side, and I have to agree with you I couldn't stomach singing it either in fact I'll go one better I can't stand reading it and wont read it again, BUT, it is well written got ta give you that smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

3 (edited by unhhuh 2016-11-05 17:43:27)

"...dem the deads..."

I like that...

Actually yeah my limited understanding is that both occur, the occasional death, more often though an ongoing repetitive torture..., sometimes shock sometimes not..., sometimes genitals, sometimes hands... or other body parts...

"...his organs ain't failing no imminent harm..."

*Censorship Sucks*

Unh Huh

Embrace what you love.
Start with you.
Do the next right thing.

Well if what we read and hear is true about this place..!

Then in years to come we may be reading lots more like this, from those who survive mentally to reveal.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

...I hope I'm wrong about most of what I read and hear about that place and places like them, and the power structure that would need to be in place to support it...

thanks for your input,

Unh Huh

Embrace what you love.
Start with you.
Do the next right thing.

6 (edited by unhhuh 2016-11-05 17:44:03)

Censorship Sucks

Embrace what you love.
Start with you.
Do the next right thing.

sorry i'm totally confused, i thought it was about mcdonalds and hamburgers in a deep sort of way, and what russ said only compounded my confusion...and i thought scottish colloquialisms were confusing? i didnt understand one word of russ's reply.
wait i just read it for the 3rd time...is it about guantanamo bay?  please excuse my denseness, but i'm brittish, and we dont go in for torcher...lol

a most effusive missive mr unhuh, well written and deeply felt on a highly contentious subject.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

sorry i'm totally confused, i thought it was about mcdonalds and hamburgers in a deep sort of way, and what russ said only compounded my confusion...and i thought scottish colloquialisms were confusing? i didnt understand one word of russ's reply.
wait i just read it for the 3rd time...is it about guantanamo bay?  please excuse my denseness, but i'm brittish, and we dont go in for torcher...lol

a most effusive missive mr unhuh, well written and deeply felt on a highly contentious subject.

phill

British? Now I'm confused. I thought you were Welsh? smile

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Phill sorry to confuse its just another way of saying only the living can have the blues and the link in blue above "still wish it weren't true"needs to be deleted its a link to a pdf file ken mentioned smile

Phill Williams wrote:

phill

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Phill Williams wrote:

...and i thought scottish colloquialisms were confusing?

they are, even for me sometimes lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Now for clarification, My national identity is British, and I'm proud of being British as I come from the UK.
I also am proud of being Welsh as I come from a principality called Wales, which is part of the British Isles. But to isolate my-self from being mistakenly identified as say...Scottish or English [which are also British], I like to be referred to as Welsh like Tom Jones or Dylan Thomas. I hope I have not caused even more confusion?

Yechid dda a pob hwyl.

Phill

Hi Russ,

Blues, you certainly can play them...I know I've heard you...stroke sum a dem sweet lix der maan

Ken, I feel better knowing that.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.