Topic: Someone asked me a question - Promoting your recording efforts

Okay so I was at a recording session this weekend where we were recording the drum tracks for my songs I'll Never Get Tired of You, Unspoken Thoughts of Mortality and You'll Come Back Home. While we were between songs the drummer asked me what I plan on doing once I get the CD done and my answer was that I hadn't really thought it through. So how does one go about promoting your music? I have some ideas but really zero experience at it. By the way the CD is coming along and sounding real good but it sure has been a slow process. Any I have 4 songs complete, 3 near, and 3 with a lot of work to do.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Someone asked me a question - Promoting your recording efforts

The #1 way to promote your product is to play it live! Get a stack of your CD's, put 'em in your guitar case, place it  in front of you( or in a clearly visible location) and charge a fair, yet profitable price for your product. There are many other means to promote music(youtube, radio station begging, myspace, etc...) but there's no better way to prove the legitimacy of ones' music than performing it live. Take your CD to club owners and ask 'em for a chance. Also, you might could work something out with Per( Chordie owner) to advertise right here as well.

Give everything but up.

There are a number of ways to promote your songs but first you have to have a finished product that's mastered there are a number of companies that will provide artwork and duplicating your CD and I have a few contacts that could help, and unless you perform regularly selling them off the stage is not a viable direction,if you email me privately I can provide you with information as to manufacturing,distribution,promotion etc..but wait till you have a finished product that your happy with smile 

jets60 wrote:

Okay so I was at a recording session this weekend where we were recording the drum tracks for my songs I'll Never Get Tired of You, Unspoken Thoughts of Mortality and You'll Come Back Home. While we were between songs the drummer asked me what I plan on doing once I get the CD done and my answer was that I hadn't really thought it through. So how does one go about promoting your music? I have some ideas but really zero experience at it. By the way the CD is coming along and sounding real good but it sure has been a slow process. Any I have 4 songs complete, 3 near, and 3 with a lot of work to do.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks Toney and Russ - I know I have to get into performing (what my latest song is a little about) so I just need to find a place. The CD is about half done right now and pretty good if I do say so. Russ I'll send you an email tomorrow to catch you up on the details. Needless to say I could never have gotten this far without Chordie and all my Chordie friends like you two.

Take care,

Jeff

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Your welcome Jeff and stick with it, make this CD the best you can and dont accept "thats good enough"you dont get a second chance to make a first impression smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"