Topic: How long have you been playing? Male or Female & Country U R from..lol

Hi everyone, I thought this would be interesting. To start out I have been playing almost 4 years....female and I am from Canada! In my 40's hehe, never to late to learn smile Where is everyone else from? Nice to hear from different people and area's.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, But how to dance in the rain... smile

Re: How long have you been playing? Male or Female & Country U R from..lol

Hi I am from the UK   I have been teaching myself  guitar  since 22nd dec  last year,   I  am well chuffed  with myself  had  a cracking feeed back of siggi mertens  on youtube  my jaw droped to the floor LOL..   I  cannot get enough hours in loving every min...   smile

Rgds Barrie

Well that is cool, I am self taught too....and my fingers usually give up a way before I do smile I need to invent something to place on the tips when they get that bad....lol I tried small band-aids once, just so I could play longer....it worked for a short while...I swear the stupid things people try when they are learning....and can't get enough....too funny!

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, But how to dance in the rain... smile

my fingers have gone soft leather  now and well pleased  no more blisters smile   what helped me  was  using  "surgical spirit"  alittle on finger tips works wonders..    But shhhhhhhhh 
don't tell anyone  LOL    and even better  for me changing my guitar  and using low gage strings .   No more pressing hard on strings  I treated myself to a  Sigma Martin DN1ST N  Best thing I ever did makes playing a whole lot better..   tongue

hi vxn well I started playing around the time Moses came down from Mt. Sinai with his stone tablets lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

6 (edited by badeye 2009-05-18 17:41:50)

three years for myself, self taught and learning all the time. from nova scotia. 49 years young.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

hey been playing for about 3 years...self taught....do a lot of old country...the more you drink the better I sound...LOL

don't smoke weed with Willie

N orth E ast L ouisian A. NELA. Male, 57 years old, playing guitar a little over 4 years, started playing with girls at a early age but my wife put a stop to that a long, long time ago. She's a mean ole woman.

Nela

Hey vxn911.

Coming up 35 years for me. Funnily enough, NELA, I started because I wanted to be adored by the female populace!

I'm from the centre of the known universe - Priddy, UK.

I mainly accompany myself so I can sing and try to play stuff that I like, makes me sound reasonably proficient and that people like to hear! Finger picking is best but I do use a pick.

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

hi vxn,

I am 39 from Scotland. Been playing guitar about 19 years maybe 20 or 21. I cannot really remember when i changed from bass guitar to guitar.
I am mostly self taught after a few pointers from a friend with a few chords to get me started.
And still to this day I am learning new stuff all the time.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Howdy Vxn911 and greetings from the "lower 48", (no offense intended)

Oregon, USA!  The edge of civilization?  Anyway 54 winters in age, Male, and been playing at this thing over 35 years.... and still learning.  I firmly believe that music is a lifelong process of scholarship, which is worth seeking at any stage of life.  Still regretting not having learned more of the theory in the early years.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Hi vxn I'am 54 and a half living in the west country in England been strumming on and off
           for 30 odd yrs been serious for last 3 trying flatpickin and now 5st Banjo just wish
           I did it before I needed reading glasses if I don't have them it turns into a damm
           10 stringer lol  Happy pickin Mark...

Well I'm 35 years old, Male, and fron the southeast US (NC) I've had a guitar for 23 years but have only really been playing seriously for a little over 2 years. Before that it was just tinkering around on it with friends...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

14 (edited by leodragon 2009-05-17 19:09:22)

Hello, I started to learn guitar over 30 years ago but gave it up for 20 years.  Been playing alot since I bought my guitar over 7 years ago. Male residing in Austin, Texas where you'll find lots of guitar players. LOL

Picking away at life, one tune at a time.

Hey Leodragon.

LOVE your avatar cool

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Hi, 53 year old male, from Lancashire UK. I've been playing (making a noise) for all of 5-6 weeks, started lessons about 2 weeks ago to keep me pointing in the right direction.

Whern I started playing there was no such thing as steel strings and we had to use dinasaur gut for our strings smile.

Seriously, 62 year old male and started playing then I was 11.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Im an 18 year old female, been playing around 5 years now, self taught like alot of folks on here I see. I'd say I'm starting to get the hang of it finally lol.

All You Need is Love smile

43 year old male in the U.S.  Been playing guitar THIS time shy of three years. Self-taught from books, chord charts, and watching folks play.  I played bass guitar for a few years before picking the guitar back up.  I took lessons on that instrument.  I played at harmonica for a while and mostly only pull them out once or twice a year so I am perpetually rusty AND poorly practiced.  It doesn't sound all that good.  They're on my "one of these days" list.  There's only so many hours in a day, and what time I have to dedicate to music goes to guitar playing now.  I don't really practice, which is a cautious and studied approach to learning.  Mostly I just bang on the thing and see what noises come out. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm in beautiful British Columbia Canada, been playing since about 13 years old, now 38. (I suck at math).

Recently, I picked up a Simon and Patrick Folk guitar and want to play mostly fingerpicking songs so came on this site to find more songs to learn!

Cheers.

Hi vxn911
Surfice to say I've been playing for more years than I care to mention... (but not as long as Roger or Russ smile )
A bloke from Essex in England..
Welcome to Chordie
ark

I'm 36 from Georgia U.S. I've been teaching myself guitar for the past 10 years or so but seriously for the past 2 years. I learn something new on it every time i pick it up.

I'm 19 from New Jersey:), I've only been teaching myself to play the guitar for about a month- still just trying to figure out chords and such. It's hard because I've been playing ukulele for about 7 months now so my fingers are used to not having to stretch. tongue

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music.  ~Ronald Reagan

24 (edited by selso 2009-05-25 01:40:25)

Im 27 and I live in new Mexico. Ive been playing guitar since I was 10 or 12, self taught for the most part. Started off on the viola then bass. male, the last time I checked.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I come from a land down under! 44 yr old female. learnt theory from 8 yr old which didnt seem to go down in the jammin world. keep playing and your fingers will harden up. loving this site of like minded people.

music IS my soul