Re: How long have you been playing? Male or Female & Country U R from..lol

Hey, I'm an eighteen male from the US. I've been playing for a little over a year now. I can honestly say its been a good first year for me. Before I played guitar I was playing bass guitar for about six months and then I decided to switch after taking a beginner's guitar class. The class wasn't anything special, but it gave me a reason to practice. It wasn't too long until I fell in love with the instrument. A year later, before graduating, I took the intermediate class and now I'm here! Just playing out my summer. I prefer writing my own music and working on theory. I can't say I enjoy learning other peoples songs, but I get around to it from time to time.

no audience required.

I'm 28 from Johannesburg, South Africa and started annoying my neighbors 3 months ago.
Still suck but I love playing guitar. Still stuggling with Em but am sure I will get there in the end - lol.

If it ain't broke - why not?

hey whats up

im stephanie i would have been playing for about 6 years if i stuck with my guitar lessons but i picked my guitar back up last year im a girl and i live in the US i can read music but i cant understand tabs at all

VEGAN MUFFINS

oh and im 17 years old gonna be 18 in september

VEGAN MUFFINS

105 (edited by mercer 2010-09-06 08:36:08)

Hi, oldest cowboy in town 65 year old male, been playing on and off for 25 years.Still learning but have more time now to practice as I have just retired and hope to improve. Not very confident even at this grand old age to play in front of people,but sound quite good in private ( well I think i do! ) anyway nice to see all the different age groups with the same interest.
P.S I've had so many guitars over the years to try and improve my playing,but I now know it's not the tools you use, it's the way that you use them that counts!
Regards to all John. U.K

I I'm 56 yr. male live in the Netherlands playing for 40 yr. self tought and still learning. From books and chord charts and a lot listening to others.

107 (edited by Buzzwagon 2010-09-23 11:49:02)

Male 48 from Surrey in the UK. I've been playing around 25 years mostly blues, rock and country. Had around 3 years of lessons but the rest is self taught. I never stop learning!! I can read music and tab and will have a go at almost anything.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Hi i am 30 and have been playing for just under a year, i live in newcastle upon tyne in England

54 year old female from Midwest.  Learning on my own with the help of my musician husband who as played professionally for 35 years.  I was just never interested untill suddenly I was.  Bought one and jumped in.  It is fun once the fingers get used to it.

Add I bought my guitar and started this 7 months ago and play several open chord songs but not very good at accompaniments

I am a male living in Upstate NY. I have been playing the guitar for about 6 months total. I started last year, then got discouraged and laid it down for a while. However, I picked it back up a few months ago and have been playing ever since. Although I haven't played for a while, I have loved guitar for longer than I care to admit. Some of my fondest memories are sitting in our living room with my father playing the guitar and the rest of us singing along. One of my goals is that after my wife and I adopt (we are in the process now), I can pass this tradition down to my family. The genre I mostly play is folk/country (John Denver, Kingston Trio etc). I intend to expand eventually to Rock as well, but right now am concentrating on folk/country so I can play along with my dad. I don't get to practice nearly as much as I would like to but fidn playing relaxing. I have made several posts here, but never in this topic. I appreciate the warm welcome I have received as well as all the help. I won't get to sign on to often, but I will check back as much as I can.

Scott aka caromshot

Passing your knowledge down to the family is a good thing.  I didn't do that because I kept starting and stopping with the guitar while my children were growing up.  I wish I had done things differently.  Keep with your goal and guitar playing and you will make it happen.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.