Re: Random or What???!!!: Episode II

Scottish midgies now carry claymores and wear face masks to avoid catching swine flu. big_smile

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

alvee33 wrote:

Scottish midgies now carry claymores and wear face masks to avoid catching swine flu. big_smile

Run away, run away.......AAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  And they have sharp pointy teeth!
AAAIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

washed by Him! wrote:

Question?..... can i be strumming and then switch to ,like picking like just hitting-kindof a solo?? is it proper? Or should i wait until there are two guitars???

Yes you can, it is proper, and you do not have to wait.

One of the more amazing things I've ever seen done on guitar was at a friend's wedding.  They had hired a guy that we had seen in the bars a few times and greatly enjoyed.  He showed up with his girlfriend to play the gig.  It was great!  Well, his girlfriend was no slouch on the guitar as she had been playing for sixteen years, a number of them doing her own gigs.  At one point the fellow was playing a song that got a little faster on each cycle through.  Well at one point, the girlfriend dropped out on playing rhythm because it was getting too fast for her and the guy who had been hired continued to play the lead licks AND PLAYED THE RHYTHM PART SIMULTANEOUSLY!  It flat out floored us. 

Oh, and congratulations on the family jamm.  That is a memory that you will carry with you all your days.  I hope you have many more and that they serve to bring you ever closer to your brother and father. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Heya Zurf,

I'm guessing your talking about flatpicking and it is a tough thing to get down, cause your picking has to stay on the beat and then keep the rhythm going.

Some songs  that  aren't real hard,that one guitar can do the picking and strumming.

Needle and the Damage Done    Neil Young
Ripple     Grateful Dead
Hey,Hey My My     Neil Young
I Shot the Sheriff    Bob Marley
Longhaired Country Boy    Charlie Daniels
Friend of the Devil        Grateful Dead
Wish  You Were Here     Pink Floyd

Later, Wayne P

hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm indeed. 

At least three songs I'd like to do out of that grouping, if not all of them.  Well, probably not I Shot the Sheriff.  Come on.  If even Clapton can't do the song justice, there's no chance I will.  Clapton's version was OK and all, but he's no Bob Marley on it. 

I wore out Wish You Were Here one summer missing a girl I had met at college.  Wound up marrying her, so I don't have to miss her any longer. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I'm gonna google some obscure tunes and see if they are on CD.

Zurf,

I think "Wish You Were Here" is the easiest to play on the list. I think if you gave it a try,even tho you don't love it. When you play the intro and then go into the chord progression it will make the hair on your neck stand up and that's a good thing. It really is a simple song and sounds so cool on acoustic guitar.
Let me know if you would like some tips on any of the songs on the list. I Shot The Sheriff is fun to play also but I do it with a reggae beat for sure.

Later, Wayne P

alvee33 wrote:

So, how's the church thing go, Ben?

Well, I play electric guitar on our worship team, but as of late, the lead guitar player's wife just had a baby and he hasn't been there the last few weeks so it's just been me playing guitar; along with the Bass, Drums and 2 vocals. I feel that the pressure helps me improve.

Have a great day guys!!!! big_smile

Ben smile tongue

The world is only going to get worse!

wlbaye wrote:

Zurf,

I think "Wish You Were Here" is the easiest to play on the list. I think if you gave it a try,even tho you don't love it. When you play the intro and then go into the chord progression it will make the hair on your neck stand up and that's a good thing. It really is a simple song and sounds so cool on acoustic guitar.
Let me know if you would like some tips on any of the songs on the list. I Shot The Sheriff is fun to play also but I do it with a reggae beat for sure.

You misunderstand me.  I literally wore out the LP.  I didn't wear out the song on my conscious mind. 

- Zurf

Hi Washed by him .. a great example of flatpicking the tune and adding rhythm
                              played by one of the best ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Krey-_0-TA

Happy pickin friends ...   smile

Flatpicker, I loved that. Brilliant! I only wish I could get close to that. My flatpicking is way better than my fingerpicking but MAN do I have a LONG way to go.

Me too Alvee ...  I just love trying ... we will crack it some day lol

Now......... I love my guitar.

I have just given her some nice shiny new strings........

Wow......... I love her even more now!

a good place to play guitar... how about anytime anywhere anysound nevermind (anyone get the quotes in there?)

"In a mad world it is the mad who are sane" Craig Nicholls

I was just wondering if the original Random thread would still be alive???? Anyway here's a joke while my fingertips stop throbing.

Q - What do you throw a drowning guitarist ?
A - His amplifier.

Why guitars are better than women:

You can share your Guitar with your friends.

Guitars don't care how many other Guitars you've played

Guitars don't care if you look at other Guitars.

Guitars don't care if you buy Guitar magazines.

Your Guitar doesn't care if you never listen to it.

Your Guitar won't care if you leave up the toilet seat.

Your parents won't remain in touch with your old Guitar after you dump it.

Guitars don't insult you if you're a bad player.

Your Guitar never wants a night out with the other Guitars.

You can play your Guitar the first time you meet it, without having to take it to dinner, see a movie, or meet its mother.

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

12 strings sound so amazing!

The world is only going to get worse!

I couldn't let it slide off the page.

We all need a little randomness now and then.  Or so the Hollywood movies would have us believe.  Have you ever noticed that, anyone who is the least bit disciplined in how they run their lives is portrayed as mean, evil, or at the very best quirky. 

Looking forward to my pending salmon harrassment.  It's only four days and 3,200 miles away. 

- Zurf

Actually, I just checked and it's more like 3,900 miles.  But what's 700 miles between friends?

- Zurf

45 (edited by dfoskey 2009-07-15 17:16:36)

Someone needs to invent the fishing guitar. It would be kind of like a guitar that you could play but the sound and vibrations would attract fish. The only thing is how would you attach a reel to it?
I'd buy one just so i could combine both my favorite hobbies.

dfoskey wrote:

Someone needs to invent the fishing guitar. It would be kind of like a guitar that you could play but the sound and vibrations would attract fish. The only thing is how would you attach a reel to it?

inventions? fishing? well it would have to be a scotsman that invented this wouldnt it? salmon, inventions,scottish, reel ( as in a scottish reel as in a piece of music) combine ( as in harvester for farming)
seems to me too much connections with scotland for it to be a foreigner to invent such a device ,:lol: lol
BUT if anyone outside Scotland does invent this then I would put £50 bet on that he has scottish blood somewhere in his family tree. lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Played my brother-in-law's Taylor today. Sweet!

Lovely pun on reel Ken.  Good work. 

- Zurf

I've been told i am part Scotish but haven't looked into it. I may be the one that invents the guitarbaitcaster as in partscaster or telecaster or stratocaster. lol lol

upyerkilt wrote:
dfoskey wrote:

inventions? fishing? well it would have to be a scotsman that invented this wouldnt it? salmon, inventions,scottish, reel ( as in a scottish reel as in a piece of music) combine ( as in harvester for farming)
seems to me too much connections with scotland for it to be a foreigner to invent such a device ,:lol: lol
BUT if anyone outside Scotland does invent this then I would put £50 bet on that he has scottish blood somewhere in his family tree. lol

Ken

Wikipida has the reel reel invented in China  ,  Im Scottish.  Mc Dougall- MacLeod,.  I'm not
taking the bet tho, it could be proven wrong.

Badeye   cool   cool

one caper after another