Topic: Tricky One

I don't know what the rules are for this sort of thing .......    I'll explain.  in 1982 I had a very unusual girlfriend - she was unlike anyone I had ever met and left an impression on me that exists to this day.  In one of her letters to me ( she was at university so we weren't together much, but wrote a lot )  she signed off with a small poem.  I've always remembered it verbatim and recently tried all sorts of google and other searches to see if it existed - and to find out if she was quoting someone else's work or made it up herself.  I can't find anything, so I'm hoping that it is her own work and that she won't mind me putting it up here ( given that I haven't seen or heard from her in 27 years then the odds are long .. So - whilst thanking Sally Radley ...

Deafened by the silence of the praying men at war
Hope flees on through torn emotion to some dark, secluded shore
To a place called isolation - a sweet sanctuary from pain
Where only acts called madness are past strivings to stay sane

Stronger than the sun....harder than a gun

Re: Tricky One

hi coffeefairy,

i think it's ok to put it up as long as you credit the writer or the person you think is the writer, so maybe you should put her name under the poem just to be safe, use the edit button.

it's a lovely story and a fine poem, it sounds like something lena [AKA old doll ] might have written. how are things up the big smoke? it's raining here for a change...

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.