Topic: writers bloc

i must apologise, i went on holiday 3 weeks ago, and i havent had a new tune or song or poem enter my head since. my brain must be still on holiday.

anybody else feel the same?

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: writers bloc

Hey Phill
know how you feel. I think this composer (me) has lost his composure...... smile
I must be getting desperate I've started playing "Stairway to heaven" on my acoustic again...
Hope inspiration bites soon and for you....
ark

Goes the same for me. I find listening to new music helps. Or going and watching live music. Saw The Last to Know last night so feeling a bit inspired

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

4 (edited by StranSongs 2009-07-18 06:58:19)

I don't look at them like blocks, I look at them like holidays, but ones that you like to go back to work from.

Doing something different or new will often kick off new stuff for me.

We were out at friends last night for dinner. They had a firepit which he and I stoked up to a blaze. He had a eucalyptus in the garden and a lot of shed bark which we stuck in the fire. We ended up pulling these out of the fire and wandering round the night garden using them as torches. What with that and the sparks flying into the sky, I'm in an Australian, lizard, stone age frame of mind this morning. And reeking of smoke!

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

sorry...i'm confused. ozzy frame of mind...ok! eucalyptus torches...all right! which gives me the impression that your on tuther side of tut wurld? now the confusing bit...your registration says belfast...so you've either moved or on holiday?

it must be one hell of a garden.

enjoy my friend it's pouring down here.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi,

Yes, it's an irish eucalyptus!

Apparently a previous owner planted it. I'm glad it's in their garden not mine. It seems the roots go straight down, rather than spreading out. They are, therefore. prone to fall over in high winds. This one is twice the size of the house. The house is halfway up Cavehill, here, so I don't understand why the tree is still standing at all.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis