Topic: Movie thread

I know it has nothing to do with guitar (though it can And in which case i greatly encurge it) but what the heck! smile

I don't have a good quote so I'm quoting myself... ok I'm done

Re: Movie thread

What is the topic of your thread? smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Favorite movie?  Worst movie?

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

favs and dislikes and i geuss "movie thread"??

I like a good movie as well as anyone, but I don't go see new movies very often.  Maybe twice a year. And I don't rent movies very often.  What a stick in the mud I am.  One of the most recent ones I saw and really liked was Wild Hogs.  I'm not sure of bad movies.  I do get tired of things like wedding movies.  It seems as though they are quite popular among the females, but weddings are over rated.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

a few fav's for me are,  Forrest Gump, Scarface, Second Hand Lion, Green Mile. I don't go to the movies I wait till they come out on DVD.

Badeye.. cool

one caper after another

I have a lot of vavorites but these are the best ones.
Braveheart
Full Metal Jacket
Facing The Giants
Forrest Gump
Tombstone
Then the most recent vavorite is Grand Torino which a great movie starring Clint Eastwood.

IM just back from the cinema after ewatching "night at the museum 2" not bad. Some pretty funny parts in it. I tihnk the first one was better though.

Seen Star Trek when it came out. Love it!! superb film!!

I also love
monty pythons holy grail
Monty python's life of brian
Lord of the rings trilogy
All star wars film
all harry potter films

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I just download and burn!! It's cheaper to buy a 30 pack of DVD-R's for 10 bucks than 16 dollars for two people plus popcorn, pickle, soda, candy, hotdogs, and nacho's. That's nearly 40 bucks!!!!

Fav. Movies of all time:

Scarface
Full Metal Jacket
Goodfellas
The Godfather Trilogy
Star Wars Trilogy and Prequals

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

Shawshank Redemption is my #1
Braveheart
All the Star Wars movies
The Crow (Only part 1 with Brandon Lee) the others sucked.. I was working EMS in Hanover county when he was shot during the filming, so I was one of the paramedics administering care en-route to the ER.. He was stable upon arrival and died shortly after.... Hmmmmm
All the Harry Potters smile Not as good as the books but still very entertaining...
12 Monkeys
Shaun of the Dead   Love this movie!

That's it for know, I'm sure more will come to mind and be added later though... -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I think we can all agree that Forrest Gump kicked some major but in the film world.  Monty python too. one of my favorite movies though is the Blues Brothers IT ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

I'm more of a Classic/History movie buff

Ben Hur
Sound of Music
Ten Commandments
Pearl Harbor
Schindlers List
Defiance
Braveheart

But I agree on Tombstone, Star Wars (Episodes III-VI), and The Crow (Brandon Lee was AWESOME in that movie)

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

I think Forrest Gump certainly had the best soundtrack of anmy movie I've ever seen, and it's one of my many favorites.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

#1)One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest !!!!! Best movie ever!!!!!
Rain Man
Sling Blade
Forrest Gump
August Rush
Into The Wild
Borat
Bruno( hillarious!!!)
Stir Crazy
Space Jam( first movie my daughter and I saw together)
Talladega Nights ( first movie my son I saw together)

Give everything but up.

Last movie i saw at the pictures was Gran Torino, Clint Eastwood is up there with Kurosawa for his vision.

Love :

About a Boy
Officer and a Gentleman
Apocalypto
Bourne movies
Potter movies
LOTR
POTC

i could do this all day!

Don't like:

Anything made for TV!

cool

I'm the son of rage and love

I like movies that know what they are.  I do not like dramadies or anything that tries to combine one form with another.  Action is good.  Comedy is good.  Action/comedy is trash.   That's not to say that a comedy can't have action, or that an action can't have humor.  So long as the movie knows what it is and stays consistent with itself, and it isn't a slasher movie, I'll probably enjoy it.  Some forms I enjoy more than other. 

Some of my favorites:
Arsenic and Old Lace
Sleuth
Tombstone
Unforgiven
Maltese Falcom
African Queen
Star Wars (the original one, Episode IV)
Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Fandango (a great example of a drama with comedic elements that is not a "dramedy")
The Princess Bride
Monty Python's The Holy Grail

As far as made for TV, don't forget Lonesome Dove, which definitely holds its own.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm sorry, Lonesome what?

smile

Forgot about Princess Bride.... Classic!

cool

I'm the son of rage and love

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

The Deer Hunter

Apocolypse Now

Once Upon a Time In the West

Good The Bad and The Ugly

The Godfather

Best Sound Track     " Easy Rider"   1969         Don't Bogart That Joint My Friend,

Later, Wayne P

bonedaddy wrote:

I'm sorry, Lonesome what?

smile

DON'T.  I said DON'T forget.  You've gone ahead and forgotten and it's too late for you now.   Well, I tried to warn you.

While I usually say that the book is better than the movie, in the case of Lonesome Dove I'd have to say the book and movie are equally entertaining and interesting.  That is high praise indeed for a made for TV movie.  The rest of the Lonesome Dove movies on TV stunk out loud as far as I'm concerned, but the first one was fantastic.  Of course, I didn't much care for the book sequels either. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I just picked up two of the greatest films of all time in the discount bin at the grocery store.

Das Boot

The Unforgiven

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I've been saying for decades that "A Matter of Life and Death" with David Niven was a classic and now the world (UK film buffs at least) has/have caught up with me.

Also "Life is Beautiful" is both inspiring and heartbreaking.

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Blazing Saddles
Forrest Gump
Easy Rider
The Good The Bad & The Ugly

Blues Brothers, Scarface, The Dirty Dozen, Where Eagles Dare, Kelly's Heros. Young Frankenstein and A river runs through. Theres more but thats all for know

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I agree with Zurf on the made for TV movie, Lonesome dove was the best I've seen, a great western, with several great actors who have honed their craft.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Omg I know many people will disagree with me, but
ACROSS THE UNIVERSE!

"Policeman shouts but I don't see him/ They're one thing I don't believe in"
-Tomorrow, 'My White Bicycle'