Re: Picks Around the World

SouthPaw41L wrote:

Jeffro, I'd like to contribute a pick to the collection.

Awesome Toney - Bring your contribution to the next LBP gig and I'll be sure to include it. If you've got a worn out rig that you normally use, I'd imagine that would provoke some interst. (Like WTF is THAT?). They are certainly one of a kind contraptions.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

My apologies for the lengthy delay, but I am pleased to announce the PATW package is once again on the road. Heading to whitewater in Canada via Priority Mail (hope that means it gets there relatively quickly).

I took a Aussie beer hugger from Bushy (you can never have too many beer huggers). Added some more chordie pick cards and a few other odds and ends.

There's some neat stuff in there. I encourage any new members who haven't been a part of this to keep an eye on this thread!

The package arrived yesterday - I haven't opened it yet, though. Working 12 hour shifts this week, and today my wife is having an eye surgery at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. Astigmatism repair.
I probably won't get to open it until tomorrow - and I feel like Christmas morning approaching.
Thanks, td !
PS I will be going to my local music shop to add a little Canadian flavour to the bundle for the next person.
So, let me know who's next.
Randy

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Well, it's been a week - no takers on who's next? I haven't received any emails or replies - going to Riverside music this aft to see my friend George - then I will be ready to send it to the next lucky person.
Randy

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"

Sent an email to whitewater, if he wants to forward to me I have some things to add and pass it on and would be interested to see what it has since I had it over at least over a year ago, maybe longer.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

It's been almost 6 months. Whats' the status of our package?

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I responded in August, but I have not heard anything!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

I am sorry for my absence, it has been an awful 6 months.
My wife sufferred a stroke Labour Day weekend, and has been slowly recovering. She lost a lot of memory and the paralysis on her left side has begun to fade.
To be honest, I have looked in on the site a few times, but between work and tending to my wife, I have not even thought about the picks package. I don't remember who responded to my original emal, except that the people who did respond had already received the package once.
I will attempt to send it off soon - so somebody give me an address, please, and it will be gone inside a week.
Again, I am sorry that I have been totally remiss in moving it forward, but will make ammends.

As an aside, in the early days after her stroke, when Patty was barely communicating, I would play and sing to her, and she actually sang along, somewhat. Doctors encouraged me to continue, and her vocal abilities are almost back to normal. She has memory "blackouts", stuff she just can't remember, but communicates as well as she dd pre-stroke. She is also gaining against the paralysis in her left arm, the leg has recovered about 90 percent. I can leave her alone at home now, without a full time attendant. We have a nurse that visits once a day, but my soon be able to cut that to a once or twice a week visit.

Her doctor believes that the music sparked her memories, and aided in "unscrambling" her thought processes, which allowed for a much more extensive and rapid recovery than we thought was possible. Musical miracle, I'd say, considering my limited attributes as a musician.

Anyway, once again, sorry for the lag,
Randy

Randy - Glad to see you on here.  Sorry to hear about your wife.  You know this bunch won't hold anything against you!!!  Family is first, picks can wait.  smile  I'm really happy to hear that Patty is doing so well now!  Music is so much more than people realize sometimes.  Bless you and your family!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I'm sorry for your wife's health issues, Randy, but I am nearly in tears at the beauty of how your musical abilities have been a powerful restorative to your beloved wife. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Nice too see you back and hope things will get better  for you and your wife.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

No reason at all to be sorry. A measly little package it nothing compared to you wife. It is a blessing that she is recovering so well. I am a strong believer in the power of music. It's something that can't be explained or reasoned. It just is. I hope that a sense of normalcy is in sight for your family.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

whitewater55

As an aside, in the early days after her stroke, when Patty was barely communicating, I would play and sing to her, and she actually sang along, somewhat. Doctors encouraged me to continue, and her vocal abilities are almost back to normal. She has memory "blackouts", stuff she just can't remember, but communicates as well as she dd pre-stroke.

Her doctor believes that the music sparked her memories, and aided in "unscrambling" her thought processes, which allowed for a much more extensive and rapid recovery than we thought was possible. Musical miracle, I'd say, considering my limited attributes as a musician.

Anyway, once again, sorry for the lag,
Randy

That is an amazing story Randy - The power of Music is incredible! Don't sweat "the lag", hang in there and give Patty a hug and a song from me.

God be with you both. Thanks for sharing. Music and my sense oh humor keep me going. I Praise God for both.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Your dear wife has had a bad time of it, thankfully she has had you there for support and seems to be improving well.

Kind thoughts and best wishes to both of you.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks, all, for your kind words I read them to Patty, and she teared up. It has been an emotional time for both of us. Ah, the "golden years".
I got her a 3 wheeled scooter, a ramp for the front steps, and she has been out on a few outings with my daughters this past week. She's walking and talking almost perfectly, goes to physio a few fimes a week and continues to improve. Our doctor called it a mild to moderate stroke.
I am grateful that she is recovering so well.
Thanks again,
Randy

Thought about this project earlier today - is it worth resurrecting? Whitewater - do you still have the package?

I had thought about it about a month ago. Had to read the last post to figure out where it was. I figured Whitewater is going thru some troubling times right now so the package is way down on his list.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

What an awesome journey! Think I'll subscribe to make sure I don't miss anything and get a chance to host the PATW package.

whitewater, hope things are progressing well at home.

You are right Joe, what an epic journey for sure. Being a newby here, I'd love to have a peek in that package too!

Count me in if you want to send it downunder to NZ

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Still have 'em - sorry, have been pre-occupied - someone email me, and I will send it in about 3 weeks from now.
Randy

Sorry to hear about your wife, Randy. I hope she continues to improve...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Every time this thread pops back up on my thread, I saw a little prayer for your wife Randy.  Keep up the good work you're doing.  Prayers and good thoughts from Virginia...

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Always, always family first. Heartfelt prayers and well wishes coming to you from here as well Randy.