Topic: Looking at guitars

I was at the local music store today trying to figure out what I wanted in a guitar. 

I though the built in tuner was nice, and I wanted something that the wood looked nice.

I ran into 2 guitars that I had never heard of.  One was a samick it looked nice and had the tuner, was acustic electric, and was 250 - 300.  Seemed like a good price

At another place i saw a takamine that also looked nice for the price. just under 200 for acoustic electric.  I dont remember if it had a tuner.

There was also a really pretty fender, but it was just acoustic and 400 and change.

Do we know anthing about the samick?

Re: Looking at guitars

They are a Korean company I believe the largest guitar maker in the world (correct me if I'm wrong). Robert Benadetto was designing for them. Never played one although have seen them.

Bootleger.

The sales man (a kid really)  said that this company manufactured other companies guitars and decided to make their own label.  He said something about some of the features like Grover tuners.  I dont know what grover tuners are but he said they are nice, and he said the electronics in the tuner and "pick up"  were top noch. 

He was not pushing the guitar, but rather explaining the features, and this one sounded good. 

I really liked the way the 400.00 fender looked, but I liked the built in tuner and stuff.

<b><font color="blue">Samick is a huge Korean company that builds many guitars for the other companies (to their specs). They probably built the Fender and the Takamine... Which ever guitar that you like best and sounds best for you and your style of playing would be the one to get in my opinion. Built in tuners are cool, but you can get the little clip on tuners (mines a Seiko) that work very well and can be used on other instruments as well. </font></b>

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.