Topic: Interface Question

I have been looking at a Yamaha Audiogram 6 packaged with Cubase AI and wondering if it is going to be a lot better than what I am using.
I have been coming out the RCA plugs on the back of a nonpowered mixer into my pc mic input and using Audacity. The music store guys say it will be lots better. They are in the business of selling equipment and I have lots of stuff now that I really didn't need. I am thinking it does nearly the same thing only uses firewire or a USB port instead of the RCA to 1/8'' plug.

Thanks Wayne

Later, Wayne P

Re: Interface Question

Good question Wayne I am only reasoning that a usb connection may offer more quality then a rca jack but is it that much more quality to be worth the extra bucks? perhaps some other member could chime in with additional information smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi Wayne, I just got my puter back from being overhauled with another gig of ram for Cubase and I will be getting into it tonight. I believe it has a lot more to offer than Audacity as it should. It's cost of $119 is reasonable. It has a large support network for the newbie in me(Thankfully) cause I'm gonna need it. Audacity gave me a good working knowledge of how this type of program works so hopefully it won't be too hard to figure out.
All I can say for now is make sure your DVD player is working and you have 2 gig of Ram on board. smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

4 (edited by geoaguiar 2009-11-02 22:30:54)

Hey Wayne,
I started out straight into the PC jack and used Audacity as well. While Audacity allows you to adjust and monitor the input I think an interface gives you far more detailed control of levels. I bought a Tascam US-144. Has 2 inputs and phantom power. Paid about $150.00. I think they make a US-122 with a single input and the same controls and power. I think it's money well spent. You can plug in XLR (mic connectors) or 1/4 inch on either channel. Came packed with Cubase LE. Hope this helps. I've seen your videos, you're a great performer, I can't help but think this'll be a big help.
George

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Hey Thanks Everyone,

I have decided I might as well bite the bullet $ 149 is pretty small potatoes compared to some of the dumb things I have purchased.

Later, Wayne P