Topic: A Christmas gift to a lucky Chordian! Everyone Read For a Chance!

I've decided to give away an instructional DVD and a pack of D'Addario EXP strings to a lucky Chordian for Christmas... The DVD is "Johnny Hiland Bluegrass Guitar".  It's an excellent instructional DVD for walk-ins (runs between chord changes) to add some interest to your playing, regardless of style, though it does lean more toward bluegrass. It also covers some great strumming and flat picking techniques smile I'm sure whoever gets it will find it very helpful, I know I have wink If you don't know Johnny here's the little intro section of the DVD with him playing some real nice flatpicking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaDmoNzCW_M Don't worry the DVD starts you off slow wink but still covers some advanced techniques so all levels of players should find it equally helpful...

So, if you'd like your name in the pot just post below and Friday I'll take all the names, put them in a hat and pick a winner smile Best of luck to everyone and Merry Christmas! -Chris/Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: A Christmas gift to a lucky Chordian! Everyone Read For a Chance!

Just found your website last night and have already passed it along to 3 others at our Church Program last night.  Posted a link to it on my website also.  Ck it out!    www.jimdelozier.com

Even if I don't win, your site is still the coolest!  cool

JimD57 wrote:

Just found your website last night and have already passed it along to 3 others at our Church Program last night.  Posted a link to it on my website also.  Ck it out!    www.jimdelozier.com

Even if I don't win, your site is still the coolest!  cool

Welcome aboard Jim! I look forward seeing you around the forums smile You'll find that we're all like a big family here! So jump right in the discussions and offer advice when you can and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it as well wink
  I'd also like to thank you for directing more people to this great site! As with any online community, we're only as good as our members and ,luckily, chordie has some great people hanging around smile -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Hi Pix, I;m in.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

Hi Pix big_smile
Kudos to you for an outstanding idea and contribution to the world of music. big_smile

The Power Of Chordie big_smile

Ya gotta luv it.
Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Mighty nice of you, guitarpix.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hi Pix, add me to the hat. Always open to learning new tips and tricks

You're a good man, Pix. Thank you for your generosity.
I my not be yet too old to learn to play like that but Casey sure has a shot. I am not a good enough guitar teacher. He deserves better.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Good idea Guitarpix.....and Marry Christmas too all .....Chordie has taught me alot

don't smoke weed with Willie

Did someone say free?????

I never win anything. Maybe this time.
Thanks regardless who wins.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Hiya Pix love to be "in the pot" on Friday thx Micky

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

13 (edited by bigrinwv 2009-12-15 08:42:48)

I sure could use new strings, mine are worn out and coming unwrapped. The DVD would be good too, but I'm so dumb it may not help me.

Thank you Pix!

Fantastic  video.

Heres a little something for you.!

http://video.telegraph.co.uk/services/p … 5524339001

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

What a generous offer! Please enter me in the draw. A Happy Christmas to you & yours!!
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

What a generous thought Pix. I could use a little bluegrass lesson or two. Enter me please. God bless you for your generosity this season.

Slide my name in there please.  It's spelled Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf.

If you have to put it on a whole lot of different slips in the hat, I'll understand. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Your'e a good man pix. Well done.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

Zurf wrote:

Slide my name in there please.  It's spelled Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf, Zurf.

If you have to put it on a whole lot of different slips in the hat, I'll understand. 

- Zurf

Zurf! I didn't know you stuttered!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

LOL! Zurf that cracked me up. I'm in big_smile

Count me in. Merry Christmas to all.

Epiphone DR500
Taylor 710Ce-Ltd
Epiphone SG400
Fender Squier CV50 Telecaster

Leave me out of the hat Pix, just wanted to say Well Done!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hey 'Pix, put my name in the hat,

NELA

Hey G-Pix , cant knock an offer that good back ! Put me in ! Thanx and Merry Xmas too you and yours smile

A five yr old could understand this. Somebody fetch a five yr old !
Groucho Marx

what a grand gesture, thank you for the effort. put me in the hat please and should I be fortunate enough to win any spare buckets of talent would also be helpful!
thanks again,
Ken Cattell

Flying is the 2nd greatest thrill know to man.
Landing is the 1st.