Topic: This Struck a Chord

First off I would like to apologize if this in any way seems like "bending the rules"... but the content seemed worth sharing despite the commercial message at the end.

This link was sent to me from an old friend who mentored me back in the mid-seventies when I had just finished my tour of duty with the Marine Corps.  Our long in depth conversations went a long way to getting me adjusted to being "back in the World" and he knew that this would touch a chord that I would identify with.

With conflicts going on in many parts of the planet, and servicemen and women serving away from their families during the Holiday Season from many Nations, it seems good to think about them and cast a prayer or two in their direction.

www.nragive.com/ringoffreedom/nr_j0199_landing.html

Note to Moderators:  If this seems inappropriate, please feel free to delete.  Just wanted to share this with my extended musical Family.

Thanks & Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Re: This Struck a Chord

Thanks Doug,

Like you I don't won't to offend anyone, I'm sure we all hate war,and I know this is a touchy subject with some, however I understand the nessecity of it to keep the world free, a freedom that to many of us take for granted or to lightly. I thank you and all others who have served proudly and to the many other Soliders, from other countries that we stand by ..and they by us,, to defend freedom. It was a very moving piece thanks again for posting it,

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Cheers Doug big_smile
I found this to be a very moving and thought provoking video.

Merry Christmas and a Safe New Years to all service men/women fighting to keep the world a better place.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Very moving and though provoking indeed.... I agree, no one really likes war yet sometimes it's a necessity and most important to remember those around the world fighting for their countries and for the freedoms of their loved ones.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.