You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-22 10:48:56

SyrsKnight

How Do I Become An Editor?

I found the link once but now I can't find it. I have a few of questions:
(I'm not new to cordie, just to editing) smile

1) How do I become an editor
2) Once the song is edited how do I repost the edited song?
3) What can and can not be edited on the song? For instance; can only the cord postions, words, grammar errors, etc.
4) If I come across a song that is either wrong or I know a different way of playing it can I post the version that I know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
Syrsknight

There is no tomorrow, nor a yesterday, there is only right now~

#2 2009-12-22 13:43:16

Russell_Harding
Alien moderator
Website

Re: How Do I Become An Editor?

SyrsKnight welcome and happy holidays unfortunately the editing feature is disabled at this time by the web master due to copyright issues smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

#3 2009-12-22 20:45:02

SyrsKnight

Thank you. I hope that some time soon that this feature will be re-enabled. smile

There is no tomorrow, nor a yesterday, there is only right now~

#4 2009-12-22 20:52:29

Russell_Harding
Alien moderator
Website

me too i feel like the maytag repairman smile

#5 2009-12-22 22:48:26

bensonp
Honoured Member

You make a good Maytag Repairman, Russell.  Gives you more time to play.

You can see all my video covers on http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

#6 2009-12-23 02:58:33

Russell_Harding
Alien moderator
Website

bensonp I never thought of it that way,I usually find a little time each day happy holidays smile

#7 2010-06-30 02:43:11

upsidedown_n_backwards

I would also love to help improve the songs which I know chords may be out of place or incorrect or that the tuning is supposed to be different and to also finish putting chords with the lyrics in so many songs...  I know that I used to be able to do it but haven't been able to for a while now... I am here to help improve the site if I can get a limited moderators spot I would appreciate it

UpsiDEd0wN_N_BacKWarDS

#8 2010-06-30 04:28:46

Russell_Harding
Alien moderator
Website

U&B as I mentioned the editing feature is disabled by the webmaster there is no need for editors at this time if and when it is enabled again there will be an announcement in the forums thank you for your interest smile

upsidedown_n_backwards wrote:

I would also love to help improve the songs which I know chords may be out of place or incorrect or that the tuning is supposed to be different and to also finish putting chords with the lyrics in so many songs...  I know that I used to be able to do it but haven't been able to for a while now... I am here to help improve the site if I can get a limited moderators spot I would appreciate it

#9 2010-07-08 10:45:20

upsidedown_n_backwards

You're welcome and thank you Russel...

Russell_Harding wrote:

U&B as I mentioned the editing feature is disabled by the webmaster there is no need for editors at this time if and when it is enabled again there will be an announcement in the forums thank you for your interest smile

upsidedown_n_backwards wrote:

UpsiDEd0wN_N_BacKWarDS

#10 2010-08-15 03:07:33

muziknut

To the Administrator:  If you get the copyright issues straightened out and/or the editing features up again, can you please notify the users somewhere on the pages (where we can see it)?  I have found quite a few errors on quite a few songs (I realize this is no fault of your own) and would very much like to make the necessary corrections to them.  Thank you very much.  I love this site.  Also, if it's not too much trouble, can you explain how exactly why copyright issues would affect editing?  (This isn't meant to be a challenge, I just thought that it might be good to add to our body of knowledge.  Sorry that you're running up against this kind of crap).                                                                                                                                      ~john

#11 2010-08-15 12:10:03

Roger Guppy
The Laid Back Moderator
Website

Hi John and welcome to Chordie,

Rest assured whenever the editing feature is reinstated there will be an announcement and big cheers from many of us.

Chordie is a search engine and does not host any of the songs in the library, they are all links to other sites where they are posted. I hope by not actually hosting the songs, that Chordie is fairly safe from the copyright issues. However when it comes to editing, where there has be a piece of code somewhere with the changes, then we are on far more dangerous ground.

Roger

“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything.” -Plato
Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. (George Bernard Shaw)
Do, or do not. There is no try. (Yoda)

#12 2010-09-08 02:01:18

wazza0000

Bummer, about the closing of the editing function. :-((   (The dammmn accountants win again)! Anyway, just what is ... err ... was, expected of an editor?

Budda.

#13 2010-12-18 05:16:06

michelemcgeoy

Russell_Harding wrote:

SyrsKnight welcome and happy holidays unfortunately the editing feature is disabled at this time by the web master due to copyright issues smile

Does that mean we can't edit songs that are in our own song book?

Thanks, Michele

#14 2010-12-18 05:17:51

michelemcgeoy

Does that mean we can't edit songs that are in our own song book?

#15 2010-12-18 06:01:38

Russell_Harding
Alien moderator
Website

have you tried? I think you can in your own but not in public songs I dont have a song book so all I can suggest is try and edit in your own and if there is a problem let us know smile

#16 2010-12-30 00:42:05

michelemcgeoy

I copied a bunch of songs into my Songbook. When I go to one of the songs to change the lyrics, there doesn't appear to be an edit option. I've never used the program before so I might just be missing something obvious.

Thanks, Michele

#17 2010-12-30 02:15:02

Russell_Harding
Alien moderator
Website

Michele if there is no edit option then it may be because of the edit funtion being disabled I also have never used the edit feature even before it was disabled,changing lyrics is editing so untill it is funtional again it seems no editing can be performed.

michelemcgeoy wrote:

I copied a bunch of songs into my Songbook. When I go to one of the songs to change the lyrics, there doesn't appear to be an edit option. I've never used the program before so I might just be missing something obvious.

Thanks, Michele

#18 2011-12-24 05:39:12

JustHarry

I've just read this thread, does this mean that there are no new songs being added to Chordie?   Might I ask how long has it been since songs have been uploaded?   Thanks much.

JustHarry

#19 2011-12-24 10:12:30

arkady
ambient moderator
Website

JustHarry wrote:

I've just read this thread, does this mean that there are no new songs being added to Chordie?   Might I ask how long has it been since songs have been uploaded?   Thanks much.

JustHarry

The lastest information I have is that no songs are being added to Chordie at the present.
The process is being updated so it becomes automated so it doesn't have to be done manually by the sites adminisrator.
The admin will have more information on the subject so please contact him.
ark

#20 2011-12-26 10:05:24

stevecosta

Editors like to read. They groove on language, punctuation, and words. Thus, they read voraciously and critically. They notice shifts in language. They wince when they see an apostrophe abused

#21 2012-07-31 15:33:11

dtoad

I notice that my songbooks are suddenly unavailable for printing.  Anyone know why this is and/or if it will come back to Earth soon?

Board footer