[Bm]Left [F#m]behind,[E]sworn to [A]secrecy

[Bm]Torn [F#m]apart,take a [E]piece

[D]Have no f[A]ear, your [D]caught in a [A]lie

[D]I aint no [A]saint, [F#m]I'll burn in the [E]fire

[D]Its every[A]where, [D]dont make a [A]sound

[D]By myself [A]I was [F#m]lost and fo[E]und

[Bm]Left [F#m]behind,[E]sworn to [A]secrecy

[Bm]Torn [F#m]apart,take a [E]piece

Who is more foolish, the boy afraid of the dark...or the man afraid of the light?

Re: Sleep Easy

Hi stealstrings
I think this might be your first song on the forum so welcome.
Interesting lyrics not sure what they mean. It's only a suggestion but it might help others to understand your song if you maybe explained a little of what you had in mind when you wrote it.
You may not want to that's fine...
Hope you can record the song at sometime so we can hear the melody.
Well done
ark

Hi stealstrings, Welcome to Chordie smile

I agree with Ark on this, it's a nice write that reads well. Hopefully we can hear a recording so we can hear what you hear. smile

Congrats on your first post.

Cheers

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hi stealstrings,

I have to echo Ark's and Kenny's remarks that a recording of it, so we can understand the tempo and emotion of the song. would be great.

Well done,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

5 (edited by selso 2010-05-26 22:09:04)

I think it's great. I like that some of the lyrics don't make sense to me. Kinda of a mystery about it. Would be great to hear it, though.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

SteelStrings - I think I like it... I'd love to hear the meaning behind it, and a recording when you get around to it!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Yeah, the chord placement is not exact...I have only wrote a few songs. How do I post a recording? do i just put it on a site and post a link?

Who is more foolish, the boy afraid of the dark...or the man afraid of the light?

Yep, that'll do it buddy. Failing that roger G used to have a Friends of Chordie Myspace page which he posted songs on from time to time. Check that out if you need a hand and don't want to set up your own site just now.

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Hi Stealstrings,

I like this piece but i to cannot figure what its about.. The  lyrics with melody  recorded im sure

would bring the story home..

Very well done.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Well...to put it in a nutshell, this song is about living in a sleezy motel (sleep easy) being addicted to crack-cocaine, and loosing someone you love to addiction...wandering aimlessly as a passenger in my own body...MAKING MUSIC to let out the mess inside my head  out, being poor, hurt, lonely and confused. Drawn between a world of drug abuse, pain and prostitutes and drug dealers...and a world of slow recovery and reality.
Its obvious that there would be a hard time understanding the lyrics in this song for anyone who didnt know my history. And like a said this song is theropy. Thanks for asking though...ill post a link in the future.

Hiya Stealstrings smile

I hope that you aren't turned off by the responses of not understanding your lyric/song. The history you provided us makes sense with the lyric. smile
Sometimes it's hard to understand a lyric at the best of times even with a Bio.

Hopefully you'll get this piece recorded and posted, I would love to hear it smile

Kudos to you for posting this up smile

Cheers

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Stealstrings ... WOW... with the info given, the song makes a LOT of sense now!  Very deep, profound, and sincere.  Therapy through music is a blessing... I sure wish I'd have picked up a guitar sooner myself.  Keep up the great work, inside and out!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Stealstrings !

We get sick sometimes to find our true selves.  Your strength is in the composition of your songs and your future.
Your the master of your own choices.

Your a survivor, Stay strong.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

14 (edited by stealstrings 2011-10-31 05:26:10)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZWJyPywbso

Heres a link....recorded in  my buddys garage (i'm the handsome guy singing) LOL hahhahahaha

Love this song!! - you know I do!!  Fun to play!! 
BTW  - I'm the girl in the vid!!

Live every day so that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil cries out,  " O NO!!!  She's awake !!!!"

Great to hear a recording of this song and I may be mistaken but is that a 12er that Rebargirl is playing?

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks....yup thats a 12