Topic: Your Faults

I woke-up this morning with this in my mind. It's meant to be from my wife to me, and how she had to nag me to get me to up-grade to a more hygienic bathroom routine! I am a lot cleaner now...honest.

Chordpro error: The song does not contain chords. Please include at least two chords in brackets within the text, like this: [C7].

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Your Faults

I think I can relate.
Reading this I got the image in my head of Monty Python.

Nice one.

Jamie R

This one made me laugh Phill,

I'm sure we all can relate to some or most of its contents. This, I thought was a very clever line.

"Your breath kills the flowers on the wallpaper" lol

Good stuff as always sir.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

thanks lena and jamie,

i was born in 1951, post war britain, all rations and poverty. bath night was sunday for school on monday! and when my shoes got holes in the soles cardboard was cut to size to stop my feet getting wet...it didnt work. but that's how things were in those days.

i also remember in 1966, i used to wear my fathers demob suit to the dance! no wonder i never pulled.

ps and in the late 50's and early 60's, tv finished at 9.30!

phill

" i used to wear my fathers demob suit to the dance! no wonder i never pulled."

Will we be treated to a song / poem on this in the future?.

Jamie R

Very cute poem Phill, but surely you couldn't have been THAT bad when your wife decided to keep you?

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

it might be slightly exaggerated, but looking back now i dont think i smelt that sweet! i now brush my teeth twice a day, floss and gargle, i shower every day too, but i only shave 3 times a week,(if i can get away with it). i dont know how queen victoria managed, she started a new trend of bathing once a month! previously it was an annual thing world wide i think.

hi jamier

if you'd like to put it to music...be my guest

phill

euuuu!! very nice, i hate this guy, please kick him out of your life.

well thanks, i think... actually it's written by me about me from my wife's point of view, only she's not as humorous as i am...lol. oh and by the way this guy (that i used to be) is out of my life. admittedly i do forget the toilet seat now and then. but my hygiene is much improved! so is it ok if i stay?

phill

Phil, that poem is fall-down funny. The best humor has truth in it no matter how cruel that truth may be.
I admire a man who can laugh at himself with the courage to share.
A tad of embelishment sweetens a good story as well.
Good on ya, sir.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?