Re: how old is every one?

Playing at it for 37 years and hope to have another 37 to get really good at it!
Disneyland, McDonalds and I all share the same birth year....  1955, guess that makes me 53.  But most days I feel only half that, and usually when I'm making music.

Keep playing it just gets easier!

Take Care;  Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

43 here. Live in New Zealand.
Been playing about 5 years. Yes still a puppy.
6 guitars and a banjo here.
My aim is to sit in my backyard and play when I retire.
I had a mid life crisis about not playing and decided to get off my butt and learn. I'm so pleased I did.
I still think you can't tell someone who doesn't play how great it makes you feel to play.
It just takes you somewhere.
I've even educated the new girlfriend to give me space when I'm playing.

Started tuba at 13, trumpet at 16, guitar at 26, lead singing at 28 and trombone at age 30.
My wife worked as a printer and allowed me to play in bar bands for over 20 years.
I'm 67 now and I play tuba with John Reno and the Half-Fast Creekers at our local beaches and on the road. Just finished a third C.D. with the Creekers. We fly to Seattle Sept. 3rd for a three concert series. My tuba is going Fedex (scary).
http://www.myspace.com/johnrenomusic
I am glad to still be able to play AC/DC rhythm guitar lines on my old Gibson for my 7 year old skateboarder grandson who is learning to drum and lead sing at the same time.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I'm 57.  I started palying guitar at age 12, but never stuck with it.  I'd play for a couple of months and put it away for several years.  That's the story of my life.  Since I retired two years ago, I have found out that practicing everyday makes you better.  I wish I would have stuck with it through the years.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I'm 53 and a half...been strumming chords for 30 odd years on and off now been flatpicking
for 2 years bluegrass style with full attention and is paying off love the sounds I can now
create..any learners please keep at it ..find your style and play..it will come....:d

I'm 33.   I 1st learned to play guitar at school, at the age of 11/12.  I gave up after a year, & all i learned went out of my head!  I've always regretted not keeping it up, & in May this year i aquired an old classical guitar.  I got myself a book, learned some chords,  & started looking up simple songs on the internet to play.  Since then, the number of chords i can play has grown, therfore so has the list of songs.  I also have an electric guitar (Ibanez GAX70) & a lovely new acoustic.  I estimate that i play for at least 3 hours a day, more if i can. I love it!

The time to be happy, is NOW !

Freshman acoustic, IbanezGAX70, MarshallMG15cd, Digitech:RP100

I am 61, live in Loretto, MN, USA, have been playing since my mid-20's, acoustic, electric, and bass in a church band.

OK, I,m 60 years young , why are you kids not in bed .lol

I attained the ripe ole age of 60 in Feb this year, started playing at 11 and still learning never quit, now't wrong with being young
plenty wrong with getting old! You young uns are the future of the guitar, good luck to you all. Most of all enjoy!

Learning to play guitar is hard, giving up is near impossible!

I'm only 12!
smile

I turned 49 two days ago.

im 18
playing since age 10

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and alcohol!

20 old

65 (edited by badeye 2008-10-22 21:27:32)

DrewDruncan wrote:

I turned 49 two days ago.

Mee too.  we have the same b-day     6:45 AM  10/20/59.

Badeye  cool

one caper after another

29 and only only just starting out on the guitar this year!
Total newbee :-D

I'm 39-19 . . .

Royce Drake wrote:

I'm 39-19 . . .

Royce we are obviously on the same wavelength as I am 61 going on 16 lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

You are all babies, just babies.....I'll be 62 in less than 30 days....Good God, 14 years, 20 years, 16 years old....I got underware older than most of you!!! LMAO

"If you can't feel the music, you can't play it"

Royce Drake wrote:
I'm 39-19 . . .

Roger Guppy replied:
Royce we are obviously on the same wavelength as I am 61 going on 16

Roger . . . not quite . . . my 39-19 means 58 . . . doing it your way I'd probably be 58-16

R

Ooops,

Still at least I made you out to be younger than you are. The last time I got an age wrong I made a lady out to be older than she was. I offered to be whipped or keel hauled but she settled for a song I wrote for her lol.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I'm 16. Started playing acoustic two years ago, and started playing rock/metal rythym guitar last year. I think I can play some decent music, but I've never played with anyone else. It sounds good to me though...

Adrenaline starts to flow-
You're thrashing all around-
Actin' like a maniac-
WHIPLASH!

61. I've got the hots for my wife.

46, just a youngster