Topic: Editing Songs and Posting (my) Songbook??

Hi people, though I have been using Chordie for a few years now, this is my first post. If it is being posted in the wrong place, I apologize and will soon learn the correct avenues with your directions.

To my question,  I come across lots of different songs that I play differently from the way they are shown for a multitude of reasons as I am sure many of you do.

Can I edit a song, to the way I like to play it and the chords I prefer to play rather than what is written?

I have what I think is a pretty good assortment of songs but would like to publish them without some of the mistakes and/or some of my changes. My paintbrush, right?

Appreciate any help on this, thanks.

Woodman.

Taylor 354ce

Re: Editing Songs and Posting (my) Songbook??

Hey woodman, one of the other chordie members (can't remember which member) recommended a free software program called ""Songbook." I have been using it for about 1 year and I love it. You can edit till your heart's content,,and it's really easy to use. When you open a song on chordie, on the right hand side of the page there is a tab that says "chopro." Click that and then highlight the text and "copy." Then open up the songbook software and "paste" into a new document. From there you can edit and edit and edit. Hope this helps. Oh yeah, on the publishing issue...I don't think you can "publish" your edits, but if you just want to make the changes on your own computer, the above technique works great.

Fatstrings

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

Re: Editing Songs and Posting (my) Songbook??

OMG,  just saw this reply for the first time! I will check out the link.
Thanks again.

Taylor 354ce