Topic: Takamine guitars

I just want to know how good are they in comparison to some other well-known brands? e.g. Martin,Taylor...

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Re: Takamine guitars

Takemine have a wide range of guitars just as Yamaha does.  Their best guitars are comparable in quality to Taylors and Larrivees and such.  There are many prominent stage artists who use Takemine guitars.  Their lower end guitars are usually good values for the money, but I wouldn't say they compare well to a Martin or Guild or other guitars that start in the middle and go up. 

So I guess it all depends on the model. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

OK. thanks Zurf. Just looking at the moment.

Steelstrings,
For a really nice Takamine take a look at their "F" series. They are no longer produced and are the infamous "Martin Lawsuit" guitars but very nice.
dj

I have played afew at guitar center,great guitars,I have also noticed alot of enterainment's stars using them.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Look at who play's Takamine guitars - Garth Brooks, The Eagles and Dennis Sims just to name a few. Regardless of the brand you can always get a good one or a bad one. Even a cheap campfire beater can sound great in the hands of a good picker.

Nela

I have a g series takamine guitar. I payed around 300 for it, but then that was a going out od business sale. Compared to the other guitars, even epis and fenders, in that price range the takamine was head and shoulders above. I've had around 4 years now, and often get compliments on its tone from other players. I've never had the privilege of owning a Taylor or Martin, but for my puny funds I haven't found a better sound than my little takamine dreadnought. It also feels like its made with real wood and isnt so flimsy as other lower/middle end guitars. You have to go with your gut when you buy a guitar and find the right fit for you, but its definately worth a shot to try a takamine in the price range youre looking at.

All You Need is Love smile

Ditto on all of the pro Takamine comments.  Their upper end guitars are great.   I don't own any, but I've played more than a few and they are a fine quality instrument.

Now available in 5G !

I have a G series too and love it. Been to the local pub tonight had a good old jam . Dont think any body could tell if Martin, Taylor , Gibson or what .Just had a blast.

the chordie geordie

Yeah.  I've been looking at the GS330, which is a cedar topped steel string guitar with a wide-ish neck.  Just about perfect for finger picking and has a nice sound.  Thinking it would make a real good campfire guitar and would sound a little different from all the spruce topped guitars. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

a guitar for AROUND THE CAMPFIRE not FOR the campfire! Zurf, I'll find one yet.

I still don't have money.  Thinking on Takemine GS330.  Thinking on a Martin X series.  Thinking on a Seagull.  Thinking on a lot of things.

Stop thinking ad DO!!!! We all share in the pleasure of someone's NGD.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Takamine EG561C, I'd put it up against any acoustic within 500.00 for playability

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Check out Veelah guitars! Made just around the corner from Takamine (some say its the same thing)

Paul

My 1st was GS330 solid top about $300.  I'd say the neck is narrow which suits a lot of people.  The tone is a little bright.  Nancy Wilson plays one.  I think they're not a Martin or Taylor level but very well respected and sound great.  Mine was signed by the Wilson sisters of Heart.  Don't think I'll ever part with it.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w140/AccoustikNoyz/P1080290-1.jpg

Here's my EF508C - The first "real" guitar I bought after re-learning on my step-daughters beginner Yamaha. This guitar (bought used) was set up beautifully and allowed me to master barre chords in no time compared to the struggles I had with the beginner Yammie. My 19 yo son has adopted this guit, but I still play and enjoy it enormously.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2294/2355938158_02cd923780_b.jpg

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I've had a Taco 12-string cutaway dread for going on 15 yrs.  All solid wood, with onboard electronics for about $1,000.  Once dialed in, the sound is deep and detailed, and it's easy to play (I tune down 2 steps, use a capo when necessary).  For that price range, I don't think anything can touch it.  Yeah there's better, but for serious $$.  I always wear a cowboy hat to bring out the guitar's "Inner Garth."

Ah, bringing out the inner Garth.  Well put, BadjerJim.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Haberdashery is critical to guitar performance. 

- Zurf

Please tell me how good a takamine eg363sc is and how it compares to other guitars.

Sorry Rick, I'm not familiar with that particular model. 

- Zurf

Well, they look nice guitars...

24 (edited by cowboy0721 2011-09-15 03:24:19)

I recently purchased a Takamine ETN10C pro series acoustic electric and absolutely love it.  Top is solid cedar with solid mahogany back and sides.  The pro series are a little expensive but the sound and electronics are well worth the money.  And I love the look of a cedar top guitar.  Would recommend it to anyone and will never play anything other than Takamine.

rick69 wrote:

Please tell me how good a takamine eg363sc is and how it compares to other guitars.

I have the EG363SC, almost two years now...I love it...for the price I think it sounds much better, and compares with higher costing guitars.  And it looks great too...love it.