Topic: What's everyone listening too??

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to this board but everyone seems pretty chill. I've only been playing the guitar for about 2 years. I really love getting introduced to new bands. A co-worker of mine at UMGD gave me a copy of The New Rivals Ep and that's all I've been listening too. Has anyone heard of them before?? They're a punk band from NY and their guitarist is pretty sick. You def. have to give them a listen at www.myspace.com/thenewrivals if you're into punk. Let me know what else you guys are listening too that you reccommend...

late

Re: What's everyone listening too??

i love Of Montreal!!! they are great they kinda remind me of They Might Be Giants who are also wonderful. the Beatles (duh), Nirvana, The Police, Ok Go, and although most people are cynical of their music i like Fall Out Boy. im sorry but some of there songs are actually kinda good. but right now im mostly into single artists. Joshua Radin, Lily Allen, Mika, Corrine Bailey Rae, Johnny Cash............

I listen to a pretty mixed bag.

Roland Dyens

Bach

The Verve

Johny Cash

Dave Matthews Band

John Mayer

The Ramones

The Clash

SRV

Robert Johnston

Andres Segovia

Guns & Roses

Anything Bluegrass

Bob Dylan

Bruce Springstien

Bon Jovi

.... the list goes on and on.

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Seems that I can't get enough blues music.I listen to Sonny Boy Williamson, Charlie Musselwhite ,

Chester Burnett{Howlin Wolf},Lightnin Hopkins, B.B.KIng,and my fav rock and blues band Matt Minglewood.It seemm the strumming patterns come easy to me as I've Listened to a good time oldies music station for over thirty years.Hits from the 60'S and 70's, and I've found most of the songs on chordie.Keep listening and stay young.

Have a good one...Badeye.

one caper after another

Thanks for sharing...I haven't heard of some of them but i'll check those out. Anyone give The New Rivals a listen yet??

listened to the new rivals they rock, ur right the guitarist is awesome. they're kind of punk/grunge/skate rock. love it. i listen to tons of stuff, mostly indie and punk.

the fratellis

rooney

jet

hot hot heat

The Shins

angels and airwaves

the pink spiders

~cheers~

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

the wreckers-lay me down

Howie Day-Collide..(the accoustic version is lucious)

and my fav song EVER is Jimmy Eat World's "23"....pure class

I listen to the more heavier type of music
Mortal Treason
The Chariot
Emery
Embodyment
East West
one of my favorites is Living Sacrifice
Extol
The Showdown
Demon Hunter
etc...

Hi this is a question for Badeye, as you have such a great collection of music.

Also for ALECINOZ, AS YOU GAVE ME SOME GOOD TIPS ON BLUES AND FLATPICKING ?

Do any of you listen to  " John Hurt " I love his style, .

Any opinions??

Slan
Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hello Lena, Yes I do have a couple of "Missippi John Hurt"
song on a blues copulation C D. He has a style all his own. I suggest to try and find any music by Sonny Terry and Brownie MaGhee. Terry plays blues harp and MaGhee plays blues guitar and there music is some of the best blues I've listened to. The album "Sonny and Brownie" with songs like
"People Get Ready" and "Bring it on Home" are great. So with that being said I try to keep on making it blue.thanks for the reply and have a great day.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

A pretty mixed bag really.. older stuff ,flying burrito brothers, eagles, crosby,stills,nash and young,bob dylan, america,emmylou harris, joni mitchell, jackson browne,new riders, pink floyd, souther, hillman ,furay,etc

newer stuff coldplay, rem, damien rice,gillian welch etc, also love tracy chapman. i also like the sacred spirit ,jet, also like a bit of soul.                                            loads more, too many to mention!

Right now I'm listening to some Eric Clapton.
cool danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

This week, Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynrd, Molly Hatchett and The Outlaws, and mixed 60's & 70's classic rock.

Bootlegger.

I would rather say, blues is easy to feel, but difficult to play.
Listening music: 'till December 2004, I listened at least 10 CD's in a week, driving. This is finished now, but I like a lot of different kinds, depending on my mood. I can switch from Metallica to the Bee Gees

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Whatever comes up next on my shuffle

the last dozen were -
Hal Ketchum
Spandau Ballet
The Undertones
Simon & Garfunkel
Rolling Stones
George Strait
The Cars
Lynard skynard
The Beatles
Tom Robinson
The Band
Dire Straits

looking forward to whatever comes up next

David Grant

Gutar Player, Singer, Entertainer  - At least in my own mind.

17 (edited by scar540 2007-07-12 17:54:51)

coheed and cambria
dragonforce
saosin
bright eyes
the cure
rush
hello goodbye
relient k
bee gees
pink floyd

i just rote this stuff to someone when they wanted recommendations on punk/rock/emo bands but this is pretty much what i wrote ad what i listen to. plus Blink-182 and Green Day nd stuff kinda like that anyway here it is...

my chemical romance,
billy talent,
30 seconds to mars,
colbra starship
the acadamy is,
plain white t's,
motion city soundtrack,
sugar cult,
simple plan,
senses fail,
mobile,
yellow card,
red jumpsuit aparadis,
the summer obssesion,
+44,
relient k,
letter kills

and i am absolutely in love with a band called paramore whose first album called 'all we know is falling' is totally awesome!   

peace amy

" Live Freaky! Die Freaky! "
                                         Billie Joe Armstong

I'll list some of my favorites that haven't already been mentioned (at least not that I read)
Bryan Adams (very underrated guitar player)
Simon and Garfunkle (Scarborough fair is a great fingerpicking song)
Anything by any or all of the beatles (probably already mentioned)
Led Zeppelin (Attempting any page solo will impove your ablility tenfold)
Dallas Green (kind of emo but I like his guitar playing)