Topic: What's the first song you learned on guitar ?

The first song I ever learned guitar was House of the Rising Sun. It's been in my set list ever since. I'd like to know what song any of you started with ?

Re: What's the first song you learned on guitar ?

'What I say' by Ray Charles.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Forever and Ever Amen, performed by Randy Travis and I think written by Charlie Overstreet.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

"You are my sunshine" was the first song I tried to play!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Daisy a day   by  Judd Strunk

badeye     cool

one caper after another

hi joe i think it was elvis's teddy bear then jim reeves old shep,val doonican marvelous toy and then any pub song and 60's rock

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

"Crying" by Roy Orbison

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I've been thinking about this all day and I have no idea!

I still love Crying.  It is a wonderful song.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Who can remember that far back??!! smile

Now available in 5G !

Either Stand by me, Last kiss,, or Free fallin.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Vincent by the great Don Maclean

it's not that history repeats itsself, it's just new idiots making old mistakes.....

Leaving on a Jet Plane - John Denver.  A nice easy three chord song smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

When I first started out - my uncle showed me 3 or 4 chords.. in the key of C if I recall..  From there I could play just about any Hank Williams tune out there..  (this was a while ago by the way)..  so I'll say my first song was Your Cheatin' Heart.  Still a classic.

debrap wrote:

When I first started out - my uncle showed me 3 or 4 chords.. in the key of C if I recall..  From there I could play just about any Hank Williams tune out there..  (this was a while ago by the way)..  so I'll say my first song was Your Cheatin' Heart.  Still a classic.

I thought you were going to say Jambalaya ( On the Bayou ).

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Every Rose Has Its Thorn

Great songs everyone. I've played most all of these at some time or another and they have come and gone from my set lists. But I think it's time to bring some of these back.
Thanks
   Joe

Don't recall the first song I learned, but the first I played in front of an audience was Jim Croce's Time In a Bottle, fingerpicking.  But I didn't sing until next time around on Bob Seger's Turn the Page.  Don't play either too much now, but I remember the excitement at just being able to play in front of people.

As the raven flies by Dan Fogelberg

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Amanda, sung by both Don Williams and Waylon Jennings. A good slow 3/4 time tune.   b

I do believe it was 'Smells like teen spirit' by nirvana

El paso by Marty Robbins.....

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

All I Can Do Is Write About It or Can't You See, I don't remember which one was first.

CCR- Bad Moon Risin'

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

25 (edited by naolslager 2011-11-03 17:44:58)

+1 on CCR's Bad Moon Risin'

It was my first favorite song at six years old. I remember my brother and I lugging a small record player over to a friends house so we could listen to the 45. They were six years older than I and I felt pretty "cool" tagging along. A fond memory, so when I started to learn the guitar I thought it would be natural to learn that song. I recorded myself and and now my version of that song is my cellphone ringtone.