Topic: Peavey ValveKing 112

I'm looking to upgrade to an all tube combo amp.  Recently the Peavey ValveKing 112 caught my eye because of the relative low cost.  Anybody had any experience with this amp?  Not looking to gig, just to have something at home.  Any input appreciated.

Re: Peavey ValveKing 112

I haven't played through one but I have played through tube amps. Mainly Fenders, 15 watt Champ, 40 watt Bandmaster, and my current 60 watt DeVille with 4' 10's (4, 10 inch speakers) so I agree on the tube amp sound choice.  Epiphone also puts out a small watt tube amp, for a while they were selling the heads at the Guitar center for $100.00 american don't know how they sound though. Do a search on the Epiphone amps and the Peaveys and find out what owners of both think.

Good Luck.
Bootlegger.

my bandmate and self have played peavey amps for years... both of us loved the peavey classic 30 single 12".  He's since moved to a 50 watt mesa boogie through marshall 4x12 cab.   I've gone to peavey 50 watt classic 2x12 combo.  Actually, he misses classic 30 sound but it just wasn't powerful for most gigs, but I love my classic 50... I just add another 2x12 cab when it's a bigger room.   We tried the fender tube amps, and others... but we both have recently considered the marshalls... but every time we try another, we seem to be comparing the tone to our old classic 30's.

I've got a Peavey Classic 30 and love the sound...it's much louder than I'll ever need for most applications and can be miked to a PA for other stuff...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

I have a ValveKing 112 and I really like it. I would recommend it. The Amp is plenty loud and can actually function as a head (if I remember correctly) if you connect a stack to it. Good bang for the buck and all tube. I play a Strat and a Tele through it and they both sound really nice. I also play an Ibanez acoustic through it from time to time. The amp seems kind of thick on the bass as a general rule, but that isn't necessarily bad.