Re: Skype Jam Test Participation Instructions.

Hey, I just signed online and saw that Bensonp (Pete) was online so I rang him and it actually worked.  Still trying to work out an understanding of this, but I was able to share a conversation with him.  Pretty neat!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Yep that was neat.  I noticed the video kept lagging and the sound was also lagging at times. But hey, it does work.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I`m still trying to figure out how to set mine up.We have a jam session at that time.It would be a great time if I knew how to.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

The one on Sunday is what I'd call a test-of-concept.  If it works, we'll do more and you'll be welcome to join in triple j.  Count on it.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm getting excited

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Just thinking about the last time I used Skype, the picture/sound kept breaking up after a few minutes - probably because my broadband speed is on the low side. But I will try a wired connection on Sunday, and try & keep rest of the family offline! Try being the operative word...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

YES - if you have an ethernet cable and can plug it into your router, you'll have a far more reliable connection.  Check with your provider too... sometimes you can upgrade to a slightly faster speed for a nominal fee.  I just called yesterday to upgrade mine.  It was supposed to cost $5 more, and it turned out there was a promotion going on so upgrading actually LOWERED my monthly bill!  SCORE!  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I`ve been trying to get this to work.So far I now have a bunch of games and a permanent weather update thingy. I think it`s time to ask my daughter for help. When all else fails,ask a kid

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Oh btw - no work Sunday ... so I'll be on as long as the internet and kids hold out

Well, I dropped a file cabinet on my index finger of my picking hand today.  It separated the knuckle and I'm pretty sure broke the tip.  I reset it bound it up OK, but I won't be playing any finger pick songs for a while.  I'm still up for giving it a go with campfire strummers. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Ooooh, that sounds really painful, Derek! Hope it heals up soonest and that you will still be OK to strum, at least...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Nothing worse than hurting your hands or fingers.My knees are really bad from being hit by a car 30 years ago.Being fat now doesn`t help,but it is still better than hurting my hands.Hope you get well really soon. Still can`t get the skype thing working.I now have some kind of tabloid site.Just think 24 hour gossip site.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

OUCH!  Well, we'll excuse you if you can't manage to hold a pick and just want to sit back and "moderate" the jam.  That sucks!  I have managed to develop some serious fret buzz today.  My guitar is likely dried out like no one would believe, although it is laminate top.  I adjusted the truss rod a little and got rid of *most* of the buzz.  I guess I'll just have to sing louder to drown it out.

Well I hope your fingers get better soon, Zurf.  You can just accompany us with your lovely voice then.

Try to be on-line with Skype a few minutes before 3:00 if you are on the call today.

If you need to reach me - dazurfluh@yahoo.com is the best e-mail to use.

mekidsmom wrote:

OUCH!  Well, we'll excuse you if you can't manage to hold a pick and just want to sit back and "moderate" the jam.  That sucks!  I have managed to develop some serious fret buzz today.  My guitar is likely dried out like no one would believe, although it is laminate top.  I adjusted the truss rod a little and got rid of *most* of the buzz.  I guess I'll just have to sing louder to drown it out.

MKM, If your bridge is adjustable, loosen your strings and raise it a little bit until the buzz stops.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Dear Lord, we are having a good time. 

I wish you were here, whoever you are.

What Zurf said - this is a blast 3+ hours in

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

A fantabulous evening.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

We wentfor over three hours on line.  What a freakin' blast. 

It worked perfectly. 

BGD - Sorry we didn't see you pop up on-line, but you'd surely have ben welcome. 

Please excuse typis- I'm dying in pain wth so,e damaged digits overhere.

3 hours? - closer to 4! An absolute blast - would love to see others join this chordie sing around the world event!

Zurf buddy - considering that finger injury you were quite the soldier playing along.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I'm your basic "hide out in the back" kind of guy but it
sounds like fun - I'll watch for the next one for sure.

Yeah, Zurf.  You played so well, I forgot about your bad finger.  Even though I didn't stay for the whole event, I came back in at the end for awhile.  That was fun.  We need to do it at leats once a month.

SUUUCKS - I was under deadline. Worked from 8 am until just now!!!!!!!!