1 (edited by mekidsmom 2012-03-09 12:15:26)

Topic: Chordie Skype Virtual Jam Week of 3/4

Hey guys (and any gals that are interested other than myself)!  I think we had a few folks that wanted in on a Jam session today.  I know Roger was unable to make the Thursday and Saturday sessions.  So, I thought I'd throw a thread up here- possibly to serve for the week- and see where we are at.

I am off work on Thursdays and Fridays so those are the best EVENINGS (EST) for me, as the rest of the time I'm working.  Earlier in the day on the weekends also works well.  I could get together with folks today early but would have to be off around 5pm (EST) to get ready for work.  I just went ahead and updated my skype account to premium.  I was already paying $3/mo just for the ability to call unlimited US numbers... so it wasn't much to add on the premium.  So... here's what I'm thinking ...

this date is over.... Today - Sunday 3/4 - 12 noon EST
this date is over....  Thursday - 3/8 - 7PM EST -
Sunday  3/11 from: 2 EST (-5GMT) - 5PM  - Please join if interested, this one is scheduled and will be held smile

Anyone interested in joining in?  Any other times folks want to get together?  If I can't get on, then you'll need another person with a premium account to host the group video.  Also, everyone on the call needs to have updated to at least Skype 5.0 to participate in the group video feature (otherwise you'll just get audio/and so will everyone else) and be on a computer not a cell phone or iPod. 

See ya'll soon!

Amy

edit by MKM to reflect gathering that has passed, and additional possible gathering
additional edit by MKM updating meeting times/dates

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: Chordie Skype Virtual Jam Week of 3/4

I will be unable to join you at 12:00 (17:00 GMT) as I am picking a friend up from the airport and we shall go for a meal. I will not be around until about 15:00 (20:00 GMT) but I will certainly look out for you when I return.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I thought it was at 3 pm. I will see what happens at that time.Just have to worry about it when the time comes. If not today then another time.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Thursday night sounds good for sure. I'll try to drop in for a bit this afternoon as well for a short time anyway - likely after 1:00 though. Thanks Amy!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

No problemo... I will be on and playing my guitar.  If anyone wants to join me great, if not... then the kids will enjoy it  wink  I'll figure most will proabbly show up closer to 1 or 3, which is a-ok --- I have to work at 5EST so I won't be around later on when Roger is available.  sad  I just figure, have it open most of the day and see where it leads as this was very last minute today.

I am unable to join today as I am helping my daughter with a school project.  If we finish it, I'll see if anyone is still playing.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Well, as it turns out... my timing wasn't good for anyone else.  Jeff jumped on for a minute, but I relieved him to go do some packing.  I must say, it was difficult and I considered making him play me a song first!  wink  So thrusday night is on.  If anyone wants to get togeather any other times, feel free to throw it in this thread and see if others are interested.  I'll just edit my first post to reflect times folks are asking for to make it easier for those coming in to see.  Also if anyone wants to plan a time for next weekend let me know!  I don't mind "hosting the group video" as long as I'm able to be on!

Just noticed Amy's new title - "The Chick Moderator"! I like it!!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

LOl... thanks Paul!  My son was asking me about Pix's title, and I told him that mods could change those.  I threatened to put something on his, and then had a stroke of "genius" when he asked me if I was the only "girl" Moderator.  My frist day ever on this site, I had asked if it was ok for "Chicks" to join in and I was so warmly welcomed.  As the only "chick" mod, I felt that status was fitting.  When the time comes that another female is added as a mod, I will gladly upgrade my status to "First Chick Moderator" wink  Unless of course I get cut off from the Christmas Pickles.

I like it too!!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I'm expecting Toots to join us Thursday.  A webcam and microphone was mailed out yesterday.  Unfortunately, there wasn't time to bake cookies and put them in the box also... however... I have your address now!  wink

Don't forget!  Tomorrow - Thursday 3/7 at 7PM EST (-5GMT).  If I'm not already on your skype list, add me... mekidsmom ... and does anyone want to do one over the weekend as well?  I would have to sign off by 5PM EST, but don't mind hosting as I've already paid for the premium membership.  If you want to set up different times that don't work with my schedule, free free to post it up here!  Just need one person to have a premium membership, which you MAY be able to get for free for a week if you check out the skype page.  I know BGD said he has one already as well.

I haven't checked my calendar, but I'd like to do one over the weekend if we can. 

See you tomorrow night for a while. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

You all get together to play guitar over the internet?

Without music life would be a journey through a desert.

I Cor 14:15

Yep, and if you have a microphone and web cam, you can join us as easily as getting a Skype account.  The technology is still a bit rough and we run into a few rough patches with bandwidth, but with courtesy and patience we get through and have a fantastic time doing it.  Just keep an eye on Chat Corner for notices.  They're wide open.  There are limits on how many can join any given call, but we haven't run against that limit yet.  We'll deal with that problem when it presents itself. 

- Zurf

I'm available on Sunday evening (11th) if anyone's around...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Norman ST68 acoustic

What time would be good for you ntg?  I'm going to be having an NGD on Friday and so would dearly love the opportunity to beat on the new axe. 

- Zurf

Ooooh, New Guitar, interesting! If possible, I'd like to start somewhere around 6-7pm (my time), so that would be 1-2pm with you. But if the consensus is for a later start I can just drop in for an hour or so...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Norman ST68 acoustic

That's right after church for us.  If my funny little honey hasn't got a list of honey-dos for me, I'd be very interested in joining you for a while at 1-2PM Eastern / 6-7PM London.  Give me a chance to speak to she-who-must-be-obeyed and we'll get it firmed up and dig around for someone who has a Premium membership so we can be free riders on his/her account. 

- Zurf

If there are others that would like to join in Sunday, I don't mind hosting for a couple hours... though I'd have to sign off at 5EST (10pm London).  If it's just the two of you however, I may bow out of this one and allow you guys to just get together one on one.

With that said, if SWMBO (did I do that right?) says Zurf is ok to play, is there anyone else interested in Sunday??????

I'll make it.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I am. If I could figure out how to get through. Tried last week and couldnt. Sunday at 3 est is jam time for us so it works out perfect.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Cool JoeyX3... just add me into Skype... mekidsmom is my user name there too.  We're on right now if you want to join in!

I dont have skype, but am looking into it. I will need to get a webcam.  does it have to have the integrated mic, or will running my recording mike in as a seperate work?  I work nights m-fri,  I get home at 130 AM Central time.

So who will be awake where it is daytime at that time? LOLOLOL  Will try to get hooked up by sunday but may be out of town or working,,,,

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

mekidsmom wrote:

Cool JoeyX3... just add me into Skype... mekidsmom is my user name there too.  We're on right now if you want to join in!

I don`t know how I did it. But I erased all the contacts I got last night at 3 30 am this morning. All I have left are  derek, roger, and pete. By now you are probably saying what a moron. If anyone can contact me to start over that would be great. Thnx in advance.  Skype name is" joeyjoeyjoey21". I tried to retrieve everyone but a lot more people have the same names on skype.  Duh on my part

Enjoy Every Sandwich