Re: What is in your car cd player right now? Is it what you play?

Green Grass and High Tides, I only wish I wish could play it. Great stress relief when I'm having a rough day.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

My brother inlaw had an International pickup that had no radio. He spent a Saturday installing one. When he had finished he called for his wife and children to go for a ride and listen to his new radio. When they got in and closed the doors the radio quit. Open the door and it would play. He had used the dome light wire for his power supply.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

mekidsmom wrote:

unless the kids are with me, then I often have no choice but to listen to the Justin Beber CD over... and over... and over... and over...  roll

Not in my car!!!!!!!!  I feel so sorry for you Amy.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

auxi wrote:

I'm kinda like you Jerome and don't play cds. But not exactly for the same reason. LOL, I drive an old Jeep - before the 'modern' age of cds. So it plays cassetts. Luckily, the Jeep came with about 5 tapes (Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Lone Star, etc.), but unluckily the tape player is broke sad. So I'm stuck with the radio, which is okay, but it only plays one station - and it's definitely not my favorite station... *Sigh* So I just sing. smile

This is where you do the 80s move, get a type of boom box, and hang it from your roll bar/ set in passinger seat,,, or hey yea, get your mp3 player out and put it on,,,,

OK no comments from the peanut gallery about safety,,, most of us dont hear crap  but wind and road with our car tunes on anyway.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

mekidsmom wrote:

unless the kids are with me, then I often have no choice but to listen to the Justin Beber CD over... and over... and over... and over...  roll

The kids rule is an easy one.

"You can pick the channel, and I'll pick the volume."

Problem solved.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

mekidsmom wrote:

..........unless the kids are with me, then I often have no choice but to listen to the Justin Beber CD over... and over... and over... and over...  roll

That is parent abuse!! I am sure it is a criminal offence.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Auxi - I MIGHT have a solution to your problem, if you are interested.  Among all the odd things I have laying around and hidden in places in my old house is a pioneer cd player.  It has a ford kit on it, so it's ready to plug into a ford vehicle.  I don't know if Jeeps have the same connections or not, or if you're into disassembling and reassembling vehicle radios.  However, if you want it, it's yours.  Just send me an email with your snailmail address.  I have NO use for it, and 90% of people now-a-days don't either... except probably those like you with an older vehicle w/o a CD player.  wink

edit to add:  it's a radio/cd player... not just a cd player.  I used to have it in my taurus w/o a cd player.  It's powerful, my son (when he was under 8) blew my speakers out in my taurus years ago.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Car kits are available from Crutchfield.com. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Awe, that's so thoughtful of you, Amy. Thanks a bunch. But, my Grandpa gave me one - I just don't have it installed yet. Plus, you should think about putting it on ebay. smile

jerome.oneil wrote:

I had an '97 Mazda that had no radio at all.  Just a blank plate where it would normally go. Five speed manual, vynl bench seats....  I'd spend an hour in silence on the way into work, and another hour in silence on the way back.

I loved that truck.

It does have it's benefits. And I do love my jeep.

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

mekidsmom wrote:

Auxi - I MIGHT have a solution to your problem, if you are interested.  Among all the odd things I have laying around and hidden in places in my old house is a pioneer cd player.  It has a ford kit on it, so it's ready to plug into a ford vehicle.  I don't know if Jeeps have the same connections or not, or if you're into disassembling and reassembling vehicle radios.  However, if you want it, it's yours.  Just send me an email with your snailmail address.  I have NO use for it, and 90% of people now-a-days don't either... except probably those like you with an older vehicle w/o a CD player.  wink

edit to add:  it's a radio/cd player... not just a cd player.  I used to have it in my taurus w/o a cd player.  It's powerful, my son (when he was under 8) blew my speakers out in my taurus years ago.

Wal Mart sells a plug kit for car stereos.You wire it up to the kit,then it plugs right to the cars wiring harness for the radio. I have used them twice on both my fords.They have them for other makes too. You may want to look into it.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I rarely listen to music in my vehicles these days, but when I do, like Zurf, I listen to CDs of originals recorded by my song-writing friends.  I prefer to drive in silence, enjoy watching the scenery and making up songs in my head to entertain myself. The last two times I've driven to Florida to visit my grandkids I did the both trips down and back without listening to any music. About 95% of the songs I play on guitar are songs I've written, 3% songs written by friends and 2% songs from artists that I wish I'd written.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

I have a 6cd changer unit, so usually have a selection from Steely Dan, Ry Cooder, Pink Floyd, The Who, 10cc, Kirsty MacColl and Eric Clapton...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic