Topic: Just bought a 12 string

Just came home with a DORADO 12 string today.Sounds good,has a great action and was only 150.00 with the hard case. It is to be shared by me and my daughter (the trout). In case no one knows (or cares). Dorado is the japanese version of Gretsch. Kind of like sigma is to martin or epiphone is to Gibson. I think I did good in the deal. My wife asked" how many guitars do you have?" The answer was too.(as in too many).I still did good.Was looking for a few months now and I`m glad I waited.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Just bought a 12 string

The name and the price are unimportant in my opinion. If it plays and sounds good, it is good. My 12er is a pre-owned, 70's, Italian made, Melody which came in the shop at much less than yours and, as it happens, we have an Ovation 12er in at the moment which costs 10 times more than mine but I much prefer mine.

Do let us know how 'the trout' gets on with it.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

J3,
The ONLY way I know to play two guitars at once. Enjoy!
dj

Happy NGD JX3!! I love the sound of my 12, but I hate changing her strings.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Nice.  I didn't know Gretsch had a second line.  Live and learn.  I love the way a 12-er sounds.  I hope you have a terrific time banging out some tunes. 

Happy NGD.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Happy NGD, Joeyx3. I also have a cheapy 12er, an Ibanez that I picked up about 4 years ago and still have. This guitar is all plywood, does not sound great but is the easiest guitar to play out of my collection. They are a pain to change strings if you are in a hurry, the trick here is to take your time and not make it a chore.
The upside to the 12er is that when my finger tips get sore from playing 6 stringers, I swap to my 12er to ease the pain. Works for me.
All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

7 (edited by boz55 2012-04-20 04:36:58)

Love my 12 string also.

Years ago I owned a Conn 12 string. I loved the guitar but it was stolen from me. For some reason I never replaced it. Now you've got me thinking about it. I don't think Conn is even in bsns  anymore, are they?

I have a Walden 12 which is dead easy to play and rich tone. There are just some songs that need a 12 - Pink FLoyd, America, etc.

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"