Topic: What are you listening to?

I'll start:

Jack White's new album "Blunderbuss"

I'm probably the only man over 40 listening to Jessie J's album "Who You Are".

And an album by 'Of Monsters and Men"

I'll tell you  Pandora radio has opened my ears.
dj

Re: What are you listening to?

Rolling Stones 40 licks cd.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

naolslager wrote:

I'll start:

Jack White's new album "Blunderbuss"

I'm probably the only man over 40 listening to Jessie J's album "Who You Are".

And an album by 'Of Monsters and Men"

I'll tell you  Pandora radio has opened my ears.
dj

Try spotify, since I started using that,,, I havent touched my pandora account.  you can make your own playlist, save all your favorite songs in files ect.... check it iout,, free for desktop/laptop and i think a charge for smart phones.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Lately it's been mainly Marley, Trevor Hall, ALO & Tea leaf Green....

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Leonard Cohen-Songs of Love And Hate. In my work truck

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Van Halen - "A Different Kind of Truth"
Great guitar work by Eddie !

John Prine-"Fair and Square"       Tom Waits-"Blood Money"
Primus-"Sailing the Seas of Cheese"       Marvin Gaye-"Best of,volume 2"
Cake-"Pressure Chief"        Jeff Beck-"Emotion & Commotion"
Bob Dylan- "Together Through Life"

Give everything but up.

Today.. I'm listening to a band out of New Orleans..  Tuba Skinny.  Oh my.. they are really good..  local to NO I think.. just happened upon them.  Check them out.  No disappointment here.

I'm streaming RadioMargaritaville today.  Usually I stream Pandora while I work.  Today it's Radiomargaritaville.  Once it goes to repeat, I'll switch over.  Or if they play something really annoying as they are wont to do. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

The Verve's Urban Hymns....just learned Lucky Man which I think is a great song for acoustic and now i'm trying to figure out The Drugs Don't Work....

My ambition far exceeds my ability

I'm listening to two c.d.'s my big brother gave me for my birthday: Dylan's, "The Whitmark Demos" and Tom Wait's "The Heart of Saturday Night." He said I needed more fiber in my diet.

Dr. Hook Greatest Hits  and a little Three Dog Night, 

Badeye     cool

one caper after another

12 (edited by dino48 2012-05-03 21:19:46)

Today I am listening too some James Taylor.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Amy Sky's "Cool Rain" - an incredible talent.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

My buddy loaned me a CD from a Bob Dylan tribute concert back in the early 90's.  There's some great stuff there.  Clapton, Neil Young, Pearl Jam, Lou Reed.  Just awesome.

Fred Eaglesmith, Scott Miller and my buddy Jeff Hartley

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Bruce Springsteen "WRECKING BALL" his best work ever, in my opinion!

debrap wrote:

Today.. I'm listening to a band out of New Orleans..  Tuba Skinny.  Oh my.. they are really good..  local to NO I think.. just happened upon them.  Check them out.  No disappointment here.

Thanks for the suggestion about Tuba Skinny, debrap. I really enjoyed listening to them. They're are a bunch of videos on youtube that feature them playing in the street and in clubs. I don't know too much about old time jazz, but I think that I'm going to learn more.

Now I am listening to the Muppets on tv. rocken it hard!!

Been listening to some early Fleetwood mac after seeing a documentary about Peter Green a great guitarist on par with Eric Clapton as British Blues player. His career went down the toilet for may years after drug abuse. Though he's seems clean and back on track now.
ark

Over You Miranda Lambert

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Just dug out Muddy and the Wolf.   A blues battle with Muddy Waters and Howlin Wolf .    Great

album..

Badeye    cool

one caper after another

The Raconteurs, "Consolers of the lonely" favourate track, "Carolina Drama, am loveing Jack White, getting "Blunderbus" tomorrow

Oli Brown, "Here I Am"

And I have a T Rex compolation cd in my truck which I love bouncing along too, I love to boogie!!!!

Anyone ever listen to "Need To Breath"? I just saw them in concert, Listening to them alot lately.

lately, i've been listening to a pod cast called "the airtight garage"   it has a lot of analog synth music (but not only that) find it at fromme fm.com or something

it's worth listenting to

dino48 wrote:

Today I am listening too some James Taylor.

JT ?? really
i never got JT  but women like it