Topic: AIRGUITAR

Who has experience with this kind of "playing".
I remember when I was a lot younger, we did similar things when we went to dance. Most fine memories, I have with STATUS QUO songs. Two guitarists, shaking with their heads while playing and you could see at least 20 people, playing on "nothing" (now it is called airguitar) and doing the same movements as Status Quoers: Parfitt and Rossi. The way they played and performed, we did it too, without an instrument. Same story when they started deep purple's "child in time." Those were the days, my best "airguitars are all sold now, but I use wooden airguitars now with strings.
I am so curious what people think about this phenomenon, did you do it too?
In several countries, they are having AIRGUITAR contests, mostly the winner gets a real guitar. But it is really funny to see this guys on television.
Please react, it is a weird subject.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

2 (edited by SteveMc 2007-05-12 12:08:08)

Re: AIRGUITAR

hi. you must be about the same age as me...i used to do exactly the same in my youth. we done it so much we formed a band thinking we were great because we could head bang like the mighty quo. unfortunatley the music we tried to play was rubbish and we soon gave up. i have just started learning guitar now at the age of 45 and my neck wont take the head banging any more but the same feeling listenin to the old rock..ac/dc, black sabbath, thin lizzy etc etc is still there and gives me a tingle when i hear the guitar.
so my wasted years of head banging and air guitar must have built me a liking for the music.

what a rambler i am
steve

Probably, I am born in 1955, so I think we played already a lot of "airguitar" before the word was born. It was fun, because a lot of people, especially girls were impressed, and you me and others we had the feeling to be stars, who demonstrated their "(air)guitarskills on the dancefloor. It is fun. I hope to get a lot of answers

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hi Guitardoc phil

I am 45 and i think we done a lot of things that were stupid back then and are now back in fashion now. Flares, drain pipes, punk clothes...old school rock......

what goes around comes around...it just makes you feel old when you are still here when it comes round for a second time....

I still play air guitar.

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm

Me too, i play airguitar, airbass and airdrums every day.

you are right mr van gogh, you know that they sold once a painting made by a chimpansee, for a lot of $$$$, and nobody knew it was a chimp who painted it. It is possible that in an enthousiastic, light headed mood, it is possible that I play airguitar, because I forgot mine.