Topic: favorite love songs

Just thought it would be cool if all shared some of our favorite love songs, kinda looking for something new to play.

Without music life would be a journey through a desert.

I Cor 14:15

Re: favorite love songs

If I Should Fall Behind, by Bruce Springsteen.  Great song and easy to play.  I played this at my youngest daughters wedding at her request.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I'm learning a beautiful love song by a group from the '70s called Bread. The song is called "If." I think the lyrics and melody are really sweet. Plus, it's a great song to practice three barre chords: Gm, Bm, F#.

Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton has to be one of my faves..  so sweet.

I registered few seconds ago. I am learning the acoustic guitar and I am working on these songs: Wonderful Tonight, Killing Me Softly, Country Roads, Lyin Eyes, Beautiful Sunday, Congratulations and more to come, I hope ........... Thanks to CHORDIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and thanks to my guitar teacher Dave !!!!!!!!! smile cool

Forever and Ever Amen - Randy Travis (I think Paul Overstreet wrote it)
Distantly in Love - Jimmy Buffett and Steve Goodman
Close Enough to Perfect - Alabama (don't know who wrote it)

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

The Air That I Breath By the Hollies.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Welcome to the forums Vasan.  Good picks on songs.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

deadstring wrote:

The Air That I Breath By the Hollies.

Most excellent choice.  I love that G - B - C - Cm progression.  Apparently Radiohead did too, because they borrowed it for "Creep".

Other ones that I've been playing around with lately are "Lady" (Kenny Rogers) and "Just the Way You Are" (Billy Joel).

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

M.B. wrote:

I'm learning a beautiful love song by a group from the '70s called Bread. The song is called "If."

Another good choice.  I still hear that one at weddings from time to time.
Bread was David Gates' band.  I like him better solo, but "If" is still a good song.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

"Another Like You" by Hayes Carll.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

My Girl by the temtations, easy too play and most people know it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

vasan wrote:

I registered few seconds ago. I am learning the acoustic guitar and I am working on these songs: Wonderful Tonight, Killing Me Softly, Country Roads, Lyin Eyes, Beautiful Sunday, Congratulations and more to come, I hope ........... Thanks to CHORDIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and thanks to my guitar teacher Dave !!!!!!!!! smile cool

Welcome to Chordie!

Zurf wrote:

Forever and Ever Amen - Randy Travis (I think Paul Overstreet wrote it)

- Zurf

I love that song, I'll look into learning that one.

It's a straight-forward song in D with a standard Country boom-chuck.  I replaced that with a finger pattern, but still like to do it with a pick sometimes and get that boom-chuck pattern.  If you search my songbooks (I made them public), there's a simple version of it in the country version.  All my songbooks start with "Zurf's...", so they're easy to search and find.  At the end, the chord chart uses a Bm, but I ignore that and use the bridge chords again instead. 

- Zurf

The one that comes to my mind first is:

I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song- Jim Croce
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Vn17S37_Y

I know his music was way over played on the radio, but he had a string of great acoustic guitar hits back in the 70s.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

bensonp wrote:

If I Should Fall Behind, by Bruce Springsteen.  Great song and easy to play.  I played this at my youngest daughters wedding at her request.

Yep - one of my favorites too.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

debrap wrote:

Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton has to be one of my faves..  so sweet.

+1

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

a favorite since I heard it,

Loving you Sunday Morning by the Scorpions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNL-xnnIWz4
and the acoustic version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF47b5kJx2M

and load it back to back with Still Loving You!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itpRHoiMUMs

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

How about "Beautiful" or "Softly"  by Gordan Lightfoot

"My Sweet Lady" or "For Baby" (For Bobbie) by John Denver.

When Jen and I got married, all the songs played at our wedding (except the wedding march) were by John Denver.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

As Much As I Ever Could by City and Colour, and To Make You Feel My Love (Bob Dylan's version) is always fun to play smile

All You Need is Love smile

"Daisy a Day" by Judd Strunk and "You Bring Out The Boogie In Me" by Brownie Maghee are a couple fav's of mine . I also like a few Stevie Wonder's love tunes.

badeye    cool

one caper after another

"Fields of Gold" by Sting been covered by a few nice melody...
"Wonderful tonight" by Eric Clapton but after reading his biography when he said he got fed up waiting for Pattie Boyd to get ready for a party he jotted down a few lines of a song to pass the time. it sorta lost it's mystic..
Still a nice love song with a great repeating riff...
ark

I have to weigh in again with Elton John's "Your Song"..  really like Sir Elton but I have to say, back in the day he was awesome..  that Madman Across the Water album..  brilliant.

When You Say Nothing at All ~ Alison Kraus smile

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue