Topic: Missing co-worker

I don't ask for prayers much as I am not a religious man yet this afternoon I called a friend whom I work with and got some bad news. My probationary captain in the fire department has been missing since Monday.

He injured himself in February while riding a motorcycle. He has been off work since but the problem is that he is kind of a workaholic. He is not only a full-time fire captain but also an RN at the Loma Linda medical center ED. I hear he was chomping at the bit to get back to work and was frustrated he could not. From what my co-workers have learned he and his wife had some issues Monday and he left home. His debit card was tracked to a Home Depot near his house and then a party supply store in Redlands, Ca. His cell-phone was last pinged in the Oak Glen area of San Bernardino County. Zguitar I know that is near your stomping grounds.

Roy is one of a kind. He definitely marches to a different drummer but he helped me during my probie period and showed a lot of confidence in me when I was a wet-behind-the-ears medic.

Roy is very knowledgeable of the outdoors especially the San Bernardino Forest and the desert and that he has not shown up since Monday has most of us very worried.

Anyway, those of you that do pray please say a word for Roy. Not for me but for his family.

Thanks

Re: Missing co-worker

You bet Bunbun.  Hopefully he just decided to disappear for a while on purpose, but I'll pray for him.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

me too.

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Prayers being sent. Hopefully he just needs some time alone.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Prayers.  Hopefully he just bought himself a new tent and some gear and is out in the woods having himself a little alone time.  Nonetheless... alone time in the woods without much word is a bit off even for those that are a bit off.  Again, prayers for his family and his safe return.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

6 (edited by JJ ember 2012-06-02 15:37:30)

I'll keep him in my prayers. Let us know if their is any news of him.

Without music life would be a journey through a desert.

I Cor 14:15

Prayers going out for Ron.

I can see him going to Home Depot, that's a normal store. The party store is questionable. What do you need at a party store that you can't get somewhere else? Oak Glen is in the foothills. Nothing up there really. A few little shops and restaurants, touristy stuff mainly. There's always something going on up there tho. It is a good place to get away from everything since it is away from everything. Maybe Amy is right, he just wanted to get away for awhile.

Keep us posted Bun.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

We all hope he is found soon, in good condition.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Will be praying for him and his family. Hope he has a safe return.

hope your friend turns up!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

He has been found. Law enforcement found him in his car in the desert. Unfortunately he was found deceased.

Thank you for your kindness.

My condolences on the loss of you friend.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

So sorry to hear

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Bunbun,
           so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with Roy's family at this time.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

I am very sorry to hear about this.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Terrible news indeed..  very sorry to hear this..

18 (edited by dino48 2012-06-04 20:41:48)

my condolances. Was it self inflicted or did something happen too cause his death,like someone else doing it to him?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

That's so sad. I'm very sorry to hear it.

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

That's not what we wanted to hear. So sad. Thoughts with you and his family.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

dino48 wrote:

my condolances. Was it self inflicted or did something happen too cause his death,like someone else doing it to him?

At this time I don't feel comfortable discussing how he died as the manner has not yet been made public. I don't think it would be fair to his family. I can say he was found by passers-by in the high desert approximately 30 miles from his home. We don't know how his phone was pinged in Oak Glen as it looks like he never left the High Desert.

Again, thank you all for your kind words. I was hoping to be able to come back, after my first post, to tell you that he was ok.

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I was really hoping he'd be found alright.
It's times like these that words just don't seem to mean much but I am really sorry.

Without music life would be a journey through a desert.

I Cor 14:15

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.  I'm sure you'll fill us in when the time is right.  In the meantime, regardless, a loss is a loss and prayers go out to his family and of course you, and his other friends dearly missing him.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Sorry to hear of your loss, will keep his family and you in my prayers.

Just came across this article:

http://www.sbsun.com/rss/ci_20782553?source=rss

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!