Topic: WHEN ARE YOU VIOLATING THE COPYRIGHTS?

EXAMPLE: I write a song, here in our very small country: BELGIUM.
Someone living in the USA, hears me playing that song. I was, lucky for me, able to handle this song when I wrote it, to the national organisation, called SABAM, here. In contrary to my performance, the US citizen can't forget the tune, he doesn't even remember that he heard me playing that song, and works it out, very professional, with very good structures, harmonies and arrangements, handling the song (lyrics can be entirely different) to the copyright organisation in the USA, and by coincidence his song becomes a million seller. WHERE AM I STANDING IN THIS PICTURE, with proof I handled it first. When you write a song, do you have to handle this song only in your country, or in other countries as well?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: WHEN ARE YOU VIOLATING THE COPYRIGHTS?

WOW!!....that stinks!!!...I really don't know any thing about copyright laws....I wish I could help...I have yet to write my own song....do you know who took the song?...maybe i've heard it...do you know what they named it?....

it takes one to know one. roll

jessica<3

What did they steal?

If you get it copyrighted it applies in every country. So, if you got it copyrighted, it's leagally your song, and noone can claim it's their's. However, if the US theif copyrighted it before you, he "leagally stole" your song, and it's his to do whatever he want's with, doesn't matter if you have proof that you actually played the song before him.

Being kicked in the groin is a pleasant surprise