Topic: Wish me luck

But I don't really believe in luck, so if you're a prayerful person, keeping me in mind this week would be appreciated.  I heard a rumor that could seriously affect my family.  I've got a meeting on Thursday to address it head on.  Sorry I have to be circumspect until then. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Wish me luck

What a guy.  A true fisherman.  Throw out the bait and make us wait.  Anyway, whatever it is, I hope the best for you and your family.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

zurf whatever it is I hope it is good news.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I hope whatever it is, it goes in your favor. Good luck to ya

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

“I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have”~ Thomas Jefferson

I know you to be a hard worker, so in that sense, I wish you luck.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Being a man who give thanks and asks forgiveness often, I'll keep ya in mind.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Zurf, although not a great believer in luck, I wish you heaps anyway. Sometimes it is difficult to turn negative situations into positive ones but with clear thoughts and focus, can be done. I feel that you are a determined individual and a good human being to boot so allow your natural attributes to guide you.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Good luck prayers to you!!!!!

Contradiction in itself, I know.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I'm a great believer in the power of prayer. I'll send some up for you

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Thinking of you.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Of course Zurf.  I hope all goes well.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks for the prayers.  They were answered this morning with a "yes".  My dad told me that all prayers are answered, and there are only three answers you can get: yes, no, and not yet. 

I'll tell you more on Thursday when I am better informed and more free to discuss. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Glad to hear it Zurf.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Glad too hear the yes,you are keeping us on edge waiting.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thurs?!?! We can't wait 'til Thurs!!! This isn't a cliffhanger episode in some tv series. Inquiring minds want to know.

Glad you got the yes you were looking for.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Full disclosure time.  I came back from vacation to the rumor that my entire department at work was going to be eliminated.  I formed this department seven years ago and have lead it since.  So, I got a meeting with the Executive Director to whom we report for this morning, and he confirmed it.  I'm terminated as of September 14 for having done absolutely nothing wrong.  That stings. 

The part about how things look like they're going to work out is that someone separately contacted me about a role that he has in the same larger organization I work in that would be a truly lateral move.  The role is relevant to my background and capabilities, so I've agreed to take it in principle.  There's a bunch of HR stuff to do, but it looks like I'll have a soft place to land.  My team mate also has what looks like will be a soft place to land.  My boss is not so fortunate. 

So, I will be grateful to see some familiar faces, drink an adult beverage or two, and make some music this evening. 

- Zurf

That's tough, sorry man. What industry are you in?

You're gonna be fine Zurf, can't keep a good man down !

Give everything but up.

Bad news and good news, I guess.  Best of luck in your new job.

Zurf I hope it all works out for your future.

That's good news. Even if it just a lateral move, at least you have a job. Somebody's looking out for ya.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

zguitar wrote:

That's good news. Even if it just a lateral move, at least you have a job. Somebody's looking out for ya.

Yep.  Amen to that!

Hey Zurf, good to hear about the soft landing. Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago, got laid off and taken back on in another role. Didn't get any more money or anything but I did end up with a much better company car!!
Best of luck in your new role. I hope it all works out for you.
You never know, as you take on new skills, you could suddenly find that you can play a B chord!!

"We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own." (Ben Sweetland)

wow... tough week Z.  I'm glad it worked out for you. 
Our boy just went through the same thing.  Mega corp just gunned the whole division.  He landed well too but the turmoil we could have done without.
Skype ya soon,
Jim