Topic: Football Post's 2012-2013

We have got off to the new season,I thought I would start a post area so we can share our thoughts on Pro and collage football. My first is a complaint about the temporary ref's etc. ,they are calling alot of things wrong and missing alot of calls,I hope we can get our regular ones back soon.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Football Post's 2012-2013

I'm looking forward to watching UW Husky alum Jake Locker start for the Titans, I'm skeptical of my Sadhawks alleged improvements,  I found myself cheering for the hated Broncos because Peyton Manning is freaking awesome, and the Oregon Duck offense could probably beat the Patriots.

Film at 11.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Had the opportunity to watch UCLA beat Nebraska Saturday. Very nice game! It was nice to see UCLA do so well against a team ranked so high.

And Oregon State beats Wisconson!

Good week overall for the Pac-12, LSU's 41-3 drubbing of my Huskies not withstanding.

I did not get any time too watch collage ball,next week I will be able to see stanford and usc,that should be intersting as stanford lost several key players.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thursday night football on tonight,russ I am pulling for green bay tonight hope they beat the bears. They were tough aginst the 49er's on sunday.

Green bay beat the bears down good,good game for them.

The Packers have 11 days to prepare for there next game and they can use the rest to get some of there star recievers back. smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

we will pull for them every game,just glad the 49ers were able too get a win over them. They really frustrated the bears. How much longer do you think it will be before nelson retire's?

which Nelson are you referring to? the Packers have a wide reciever jordy Nelson smile

dino48 wrote:

we will pull for them every game,just glad the 49ers were able too get a win over them. They really frustrated the bears. How much longer do you think it will be before nelson retire's?

Sadhawks are gonna get crushed this Sunday.   It is sad to see such wide eyed optimism over a 5'10" rookie QB and a sieve of an offensive line.

Russell_Harding wrote:

which Nelson are you referring to? the Packers have a wide reciever jordy Nelson smile

dino48 wrote:

jordy nelson

jerome.oneil wrote:

Sadhawks are gonna get crushed this Sunday.   It is sad to see such wide eyed optimism over a 5'10" rookie QB and a sieve of an offensive line.

I heard the seahawks were having some kinda thing over there about quarterbacks.

Jerome looks like your sadhawks should be gladhawks,they pulled of a good win aginst the cowboys. It is hard too play agains them at home because of the noise in your stadium,wish the 49er's would build one like it!

Hello folks,
               since this is a football thread, here in Aus. we are into Rugby League finals football with so called sudden death games being played where winners play winners and losers drop out.
Teams remaining are South Sydney Rabbitohs, Manly Sea Eagles, Canterbury Bulldogs, all from Sydney and the Melbourne Storm, obviously from Melbourne. At this stage the betting agencies are tipping the Bulldogs.
The Brisbane Broncos (my team) have already been knocked out of the competition.
A bit of trivia for you; the South Sydney Rabbitohs team is owned by Russel Crowe, (some of you may have heard of him)
Cheers for now
All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

bushy243 wrote:

Hello folks,
               since this is a football thread, here in Aus. we are into Rugby League finals football with so called sudden death games being played where winners play winners and losers drop out.
Teams remaining are South Sydney Rabbitohs, Manly Sea Eagles, Canterbury Bulldogs, all from Sydney and the Melbourne Storm, obviously from Melbourne. At this stage the betting agencies are tipping the Bulldogs.
The Brisbane Broncos (my team) have already been knocked out of the competition.
A bit of trivia for you; the South Sydney Rabbitohs team is owned by Russel Crowe, (some of you may have heard of him)
Cheers for now
All the best
Bushy

One of the players on the Washington Redskins played Aus Rules Football. His name is Sav Rocca and he's their punter. He's the only punters in the league I know of who looks forward to making a tackle when he's on the field. Here is a youtube of him back in his earlier ARF days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=civKdIgEC6I

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

bushy243 wrote:

Hello folks,
Cheers for now
All the best
Bushy

I did not know it was rugby season,I enjoy the game alot but do not know all the rules,I will have too check my sports channel listings to see if I can watch some of them,Yes Russell Crowes a good actor.

Hello folks,
               Jeff, I have never been an Aussie Rules fan (traitor?) but I am a diehard Rugby League supporter.

Dino, check out on u-tube some of "State of Origin" Rugby League games if you want to see this game at its best.. State of Origin is played ( 3 games) each year between New South Wales and Queensland and believe me, there is no love lost between these two teams.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

bushy243 wrote:

Hello folks,
               Jeff, I have never been an Aussie Rules fan (traitor?) but I am a diehard Rugby League supporter.

Dino, check out on u-tube some of "State of Origin" Rugby League games if you want to see this game at its best.. State of Origin is played ( 3 games) each year between New South Wales and Queensland and believe me, there is no love lost between these two teams.

All the best
Bushy

Thanks Bushey I will check that out,I really enjoy rugby it is alot like our football. I watched the sevens, and olympic stuff.

20 (edited by dino48 2012-09-23 21:25:26)

Sunday 9/23/12, OUCH, vikings just beat the my sf 49ers a little while ago!

dino48 wrote:

Jerome looks like your sadhawks should be gladhawks,they pulled of a good win aginst the cowboys. It is hard too play agains them at home because of the noise in your stadium,wish the 49er's would build one like it!

Their defense is shaping up to be an elite unit.  The offense is still pretty mediocre.  Reminds me of the '85 Bears, except not as good.  smile

22 (edited by dino48 2012-09-24 01:23:21)

I watched part of the seahawks game and they do have areal good defense,looks like the offense is starting to get some things done. Have you noticed all the bad calls the replacement ref's are making?I hope the lockout gets over soon.

Terrible,aufull calls by the "refs" in the closing minute of the Packer,Seahawks game the Packers intercepted a pass and the ref thru a flag for roughing the passer the next came on a 37 yrd pass interference call when it was clear the defender was getting mugged by the Seahawks wide reciever this kept there "drive" alive and on forth down with no time left a hail mary to the endzone which was clearly intercepted and rulled a touchdown not to mention the intended reciever pushed one of the defenders to the ground before he went up to try and catch the pass the Packers defender caught it with both hands and pulled it into his chest as he went to the ground the Seahawks reciever put his hand on the ball and the first ref signaled a touchback because he was closesest but another ref comes running in and signaled a touchdown this play was reviewed upstairs and confirmend I can only think someone shoved a lot of bucks into this buttheads pockets I think the commissionar should step in and reverse this auful situation I will give the Seahawks credit they played a great first half but the second half was all Packers and they deserved the win but there were robbed by bad calls nothing more to say.crap sad

I'm gonna disagree with some of your assessment.

The final play of the game was a travesty for certain, but the touchdown the Packers scored came off a bogus PI call (the defender has as much right to the ball as the wide out) and they scored a field goal off of a blown spot challenge (the yellow line is not definitive, refs).

Bottom line is that the Sadhawks should have never had to throw that Hail Mary, as they should have had a 9 point lead.

And as far as the Packers dominating the second half...  The three Green Bay wideouts had a combined 58 yards receiving the entire game, and they had two scoring drives kept alive by bad calls.

There was bad officiating all over, but the Seahawks put a beatdown on the Pack, and the final result was the right one.

I did not get too see the last bit of the game so I can not put my opinion on the outcome,I will say the ref's they are using now do not do well at all I spotted this from the biginning of the pre-season,and figured it was going too be a bad nfl season. They are causing problems with all teams,the nfl needs too give the real refs what they want so teams, fans, will see the real winners in the end.