Topic: Lucky, I guess

Well this all started a couple on months ago. As my perscriptions were running out I made appointments with both my GP doctor and my heart doctor. My blood pressure medicine was changed and ever since I have had a constance cough. Found out that I cannot deal with the ACE Inhibators in the new blood presure medicine. So that doctors appointment lead to another doctors appointment to another doctor appointment then I was told I needed to have a stress test. Had the stress test a couple of weeks ago and finally got the results last Monday. It seems that my heart is functioning at about the 40 to 45% range, at rest, and should be well above 50%. So. I have to go and have a Heart Cath done on Friday. Doctor said it would be a simple procedure, done as an "out patient" surgury and I could return back to work the following Monday.

Nela

Re: Lucky, I guess

Wish ya the best and a speedy recovery Nela.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

yes unless the cath shows signifigant blockage,, then be ready to hit the OR for a by-pass or two.  My pop had that happen.. Stress test were ok but they wanted to be sure,, did the cath,, two days later tripple bypass.  he is doing pretty good since.

I hope it dont turn that way for you.  Good luck.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Good luck Nela, keep us posted.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey NELA,  Hope it goes well -- keep the beat going strong!
Jim

Let us know how it works out for you.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hoping all goes well.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I hope all goes good with you Nela.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

nela hope all goes well for you.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Nela, wishing you well mate.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Nela, four friends over last few years went through this all turned out well, as i'm sure yours will. good luck.    b

All, its been awhile since I started this post and I guess it's about time I let ya'll know whats going on. I did have the hart scan and things where worse than they looked. It seems that the main artery going to my heart was over 70% blocked and my heart was working at less than 20%. The stent was placed and that went very well. The morning this all happened the doctor had done another cath scan to check things out and even though they were not looking at this area they discovered a mass on my right kidney. I have been in shock and thats the reason I have not told anyone up until now. I have been poke and prodded by my Heart doctor and an Oncology doctor and all anyone can tell me at this time is that its a strong possibility I have kidney cancer. My Ocology Doctor has gotten me an appointment at M D Anderson Hospital, in Houston, Tx. and thats where I am, now. I was told to plan on a 5 to 7 business day stay but other that that I know little else. My 1st appointment is this afternoon at 2:00PM today. The strange thing from all this is that I never have and don't now feel sick. That's about all I can tell ya'll now as I don't know anything else. Keep me in mind and say a few prayers for me.

Nela

Do keep us informed NELA.  Sorry to hear of your continuing ailments.  I wish you the absolute best through all of this.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

All you need do is ask.  I'll be happy to pray for you.  If it's any encouragement, my father had kidney cancer pop up around 1996 just before his retirement.  They took his kidney, he took his meds, and even though that was his third bout with cancer he's been healthy since.  He's now a strong, busy, and happy 80 year old man in better spirits and health than me.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Got you on my heart and in our prayers Dennis.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Hope and prayers from here nela!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hugs and Kisses.  I know none of this news is what you wanted to hear, however without them having gotten in there to look at the heart, they may have never found the kidney issue until you were sick and perhaps by then things could be much less fixable.  Fingers are crossed and prayers are being said.  I'm sorry you are going through this.  We're all here if you need to lean on us, if you need it private there's email links too.  We love you!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I agree with Amy. Good thing to find it now than later. Prayers going out!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

As Amy says, so much better to find it early so you can work hard as you can at beating it. There's lots of positive stories about full recoveries. Focus on the positive.

Sending my thoughts and prayers your way.

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

NELA, MD Anderson has some of the best cancer docs in the world - you are in good hands. My thoughts are with you. I travel to Houston frequently - maybe I can stop in and see you one of these days if my travels and your treatments align. I'd love to strum a few tunes together my friend.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Spent the day at M D Anderson and other than being able to talk to the doctor, that was all that was accomplished. The doctor did not pull any punches and didn't really hve any good news for me. He said he is 90% sure that this is kidney cancer ant that the mass is quite large. Also, it appears to be in the lymph nodes in and around my lungs. I will be back at the hospital, tomorrow, for more testing before they can definately say what the conditions are and if my heart is strong enough for them to perform a bioposy and / or surgury.

Nela

Hey NELA
wow ... I got nothing here man, nothing but hopes that they can help you make some head way. 
Thoughts are things, I know many are focused your way.

Better to hear it straight and not mess around.  The lymph nodes are not a diagnosis for the end.  My dad just beat non-hodgkin's lymphoma.  The treatment was hell, but he's doing great now.  Here's hoping they can figure out a good treatment and get you on a recovery plan.  I've found when it comes to cancer, they don't screw around and they get to work asap with beating it.  Please tell me that you are not there by yourself though.  Do you have someone with you to talk all this through?  We're here NELA if you need to talk it through with us.  I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.  I have a feeling that you are a pretty tough guy though, and you'll kick it's butt!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Dennis we have you on our church prayer list and the Bluegrass Club list and the Chordie gang and I am sure others. Hurry up and get well so we can Jam some more. Even if you make fun of my playing and singing.   Al

NELA, I wish you well. Keep a positive outlook and be involved in your treatment. Ask many questions and expect direct answers. If you are not sure then ask! I hope that every thing turns out well for you and will keep you in my thoughts.