Topic: I awoke to an explosion

A couple of nights ago the neck on my Alvarez snapped (didn't figure out what it was until the following day when i looked at the stand).  This is what I did.... I took the strings of lazer leveled and remarried them with a biscuit style joint. I clamped all 3 axis's (sp) but to me it sounds like crap. No one else can tell.  I have had 3 very nice acoustics that are no longer with me so instead of being ax-less i got this at guitar center for cheep. Maybe $170. My question is do vibrations get lost or is it just the body where the sound comes.  It seems to me i have to play it harder (not gently) The neck looked like a reddish hardwood.  Is this common, can I do anything about it? except be pissed and save up for another tak or martin or taylor

Always take the high road and be kind to your enemies.                                       
              Nothing will annoy them more!

Re: I awoke to an explosion

I would just go and play all the mid priced brands.  I honestly dont get caught up in name brand.  You might find a jewl for the price of a stone.  That being said,, some stones are pretty pricy too lol 

Different woods make different sounds, and Ovations have teh volume and great tone also,, but I am Biased. big_smile

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: I awoke to an explosion

The vibrations def get lost. The glue doesn't transfer sound as well as a big nice piece of wood does.