1 (edited by rockit66 2012-09-27 08:51:48)

Topic: Ability to see chord pro raw file in iPad ?

Hi, I'm new here.
iPad version of the web site is fine but WHY supress the possibility to see the chord pro raw file?

Are iPad users supposed to be dum?
I don't want to be harsch sayin' that but I want to do real work!
Would be fine to be able to copy it in Onsong for further use! wink

Re: Ability to see chord pro raw file in iPad ?

I use Dropbox on my Ipad and computer.  I load the chordpro songs to Dropbox and it copies over to OnSong.  You have to set it up, but it's easy and free.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

How do you load the Chordie songs to Dropbox?

Just copy chordpro file from chordie and paste in Dropbox.  I do it from my desk top and then it shows up in Dropbox on the Ipad.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

5 (edited by rockit66 2012-09-27 17:05:22)

But you have to have the chopro formatting for that!
What I was sayin' is that if I look at this site (here) ON the iPad it's formated FOR the iPad and nowhere is seen the option to SEE the song AS a CHOPRO file!
From Safari on the Mac it's OK!

And also : I don't get how to "paste" to DropBox

That is why I copy the chordpro file from my PC to Dropbox.  I've never tried it from the Ipad directly.

7 (edited by rockit66 2012-09-27 18:47:29)

OK, thanks !

Has someone tried (and succeeded) in tryin' to "export" chopro from the web site ultimate-guitar.com?
I tried their Tab app on the iPad and it looks completely CLOSED (and poor too!)

Don't, for gods sake, talk about Dropbox on here. You'll have your posts removed!

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13524

I'm not selling an app here.  It's free and it supports chordpro files which are used on this site.  It should be OK.

Just to clarify. Mentioning a programme like Dropbox is fine, it is no different to saying that Fender guitars are the best in the world. (My opinion smile).

However posting a link to a profit making commerical site is a different kettle of fish and will earn at least a warning and possibly a ban.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

11 (edited by Ms.Mouse 2014-04-03 08:09:53)

One way to get at the chordpro in Chordie on an iPhone/iPad or other mobile/smart phone is:

1) Find the link right at the bottom of a song page to "add comments/video/corrections".

* You need to log in to Chordie to use this, so register with Chordie if you have not already done so. (Mmmmm . . . is it the same as registering for this forum? I can't remember.)

2) select to "correct" the song (even though you only want to copy it, not correct it)

3) this reveals the chordpro-formatted text in a smallish text box

4) "select all" then "copy"

5) cancel the "song edit" text box or just close the window to cancel

6) "paste" the chordpro-formatted text wherever it is you want the stuff to go.

Another way is to use a dedicated app for managing chordpro-formatted songs and song libraries.

If you are using an iPad/iPhone app to manage your song files, some of these apps automatically show you the chordpro-formatted text rather than the "rendered" web page and you can import the chordpro-formatted text directly into the app.

Some of the apps are designed to search Chordie directly for chordpro-formatted songs and/or search for them using Google. Using one of these apps makes it a lot easier to find, import and edit songs as well as manage your collection of songs.

Hope this is helpful - please anyone leap in and correct me if I have made any errors!

Best wishes,
Lizzie

Play the Ukulele: The most fun you can have doing something badly!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not going to say I'm no Jim Morrison, I'm not going to say I'm no John Lennon - I'm not going to say I'm like The Monkees neither! - 'I'm a Believer!' - Some people say I make a pretty good musician - but I've always argued that's going to take me a long time . . . "
Wild Man Fischer