Topic: Help With The Four Seasons Song Chords

Hey could somebody help me figure out the chords for the song Huggin' My Pillow by The Four Seasons? I really want to play it but there don't seem to be chords posted on the internet anywhere. sad
Here's a link to the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_OlxJwLyPU

I tried to figure out the chords myself but I'm really not good at that lol. I did get this much though - the first lines of the chorus go

A              B                   A              B

(Bm?)

And then when the verse starts it goes to Am

Can anyone help me figure out the chords for this?

Thanks so much in advance!!!!

Re: Help With The Four Seasons Song Chords

I hear this:

Intro:  A  B  A  B

Chorus (you were right with what you had so far): 

A  (hug-)
B  (pil-)
A  (hug-)
B (pil-)
Bm (tears)
E (pil-)
A (gone) - sounds like an Amaj7 to me but A will work
Bm (go-o-o-)
C#m (-o-o-o-)
D (-o-o-o-)
E (-one)

I'll try to work on the verse later.  You are right again, it starts in Am.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Yeah that's it! Thank you so much!!!!

4 (edited by Astronomikal 2012-11-20 14:33:47)

You're welcome.

Here's the verse:

Am (all)
F (you)
G (near)
C (then) (you can try a C/B between this and the Am to get the C-B-A bass walkdown - optional)
Am (light)
F (oh)
E (dear)

There's a key change at the start of the interlude/instrumental part, but they go back to the original key for the second verse and chorus.  It's weird, but it works.

Then after the 2nd verse and chorus they sing the chorus again transposed up 1/2 step (A#  B#, etc.)
Late edit:  I know that B# is actually C (and that E# would actually be F).  I just wrote it that way to illustrate the transposition.

Cool song.  I like it.  I'm finally going to go see "Jersey Boys" in March.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Yeah it is a pretty good song. Thanks!!!

divadnomolos wrote:

Quote removed by mekidsmom

Hi there!  Sorry about the frustration.  I understand typing that all out only to come back to find it deleted is very annoying.  To help explain the reason this had to be done, please read this Thread located within this section of the forum titled "PLEASE READ THIS FIRST" http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=120  To further explain the situation, song lyrics are copyright material.  Posting of them within the forum is a violation of copyright law.  The admin of Chordie has had legal actions in the past regarding song lyrics being HOSTED on this website's servers.  The songs that you may find here are not HOSTED here, they are actually rendered from other websites in a way that makes it easy to view (it's not illegal for Chordie to do that, the sites where the info is actually hosted are possibly under attack but that's their problem, not ours.  The way Chordie works is similar to simply posting a link to another site that contains the information you're looking for.  Link posting is ok!)  However, anything posted within the forums actually IS HOSTED on this site's servers, and therefore is illegal and may cause lawsuits to arise against the owner of this website (as well as yourself for being the one posting the copyrighted material).  To keep Chordie free, and prevent violation of copyright laws, no lyrics can be posted that may possibly be in violation of that law. 

You are welcome to post one liner lyrics.  You are welcome to let someone know you've figured it out and ask if you can email them.  Sending something through email won't affect Chordie.  You can state you've figured it out and let folks know if they want it they can email you requesting the information.  If you search through this section, you'll see that full lyrics and chords are not posted, and may use other posts as a guide for how you can provide the information for someone looking without violating laws.  The only time full songs are posted is if the creator themselves does so (such as members posting their own songs they've written on the site).

Again, I'm sorry for the frustration with this, and we really don't enjoy removing your hard work!

This post has been edited to remove the original quote.  The quote was deleted by the member.  I have left my post intact, as it's nice to have a reminder now and then for new members.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Well stated Amy.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

I'm not a guitarist but I think these are the chords of "Huggin' My Pillow"

INTRO IN KEY OF B FLAT                     Eb    Dm   Cm   Bm   Bb

INSTRUMENTAL INTRO IN KEY OF A      A     Bm   A      E(I)

FIRST CHORUS IN KEY OF A                Amaj7(Hug-)  Bm6  E  Amaj7  Bm6  E  Dmaj7 (tears) Em6  Dmaj7   A (gone) E  Bm (gone)

C sharp minor  D  E

FIRST VERSE IN KEY OF A MINOR        Am(all) Am/G sharp Am/G Am/F sharp Am (you) Am/G sharp Am/G Am/F sharp

C  (to)          F (oh)  G  Am  E(I)

SECOND CHORUS IN KEY OF A             Exactly the same chords as the first chorus but the last "gone" is F

INSTRUMENTAL INTERLUDE                  C    C SHARP   A   Bb   C C SHARP A Bb C 

SECOND VERSE IN KEY OF Am             Exactly the same chords as the first verse

THIRD CHORUS IN KEY OF A                Exactly the same chords as the second chorus

FOURTH CHORUS IN KEY OF Bb            Bb (hug-)   C (pill)  Bb(hug)  C(pil)  Ebmaj7 (tears)  Eb6 (on)  F  Ebmaj7  Eb6 Eb Bb (gone)

Eb Bb Eb (cos you're) Cm Dm Eb F7b9 (gone) Bb

INSTRUMENTAL FADE OUT VAMP           Bb Bbmaj7 Bb6 repeat then Eb Ebmaj7 Eb6 and fade

Hope it makes sense and you enjoy

Much better posting. Thanks.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C