Topic: new way to cook turkey.

My wife saw a new way to cook turkey on one of the cooking shows last night. She cut the backbone off the turkey and cut it into 4 pieces. She said it cut 2 hours off the cooking time. Anyone else ever done this? Just sharing the info. I offered to take the 4 of us out to eat. She refused.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: new way to cook turkey.

Sounds similar to a method called "spatchcock".  I do it when bbqing chicken.  I cut out the backbone and open the bird up so it's lying with it's inside facing down on the grill.  It's way quicker and seems to be pretty moist too.  I'm assuming that's because of the shorter cook time.  Most of the time my wife get's the butcher (she works in a grocery store) to cut the spine out for us.  The first few times she asked him to do it he gave her some pretty funny looks.

Interesting.  Sort of like butterflying a chicken breast I guess - more surface area exposed to the heat and less mass at any given point.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

With a big turkey, I think you might lose a little of the flavour, though.

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"