Topic: Uke String?

Gidday

I need to replace my Uke strings.
What  brand of strings do u think are best?
My Uke is a Boulder Creek concert.

Many thanks,  B.

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: Uke String?

hi easy,I never had a uke,but I no there are alot of uke players here maybe someone will see it and know which ones too use. I would imagine the same guitar string makers would make uke strings so you might want too get some of name brands out there.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Aquilla's are best IMO with Worth strings coming in second

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Aquilla are the industry standard strings. I've never used any others apart from the strings that were originally supplied with my uke but they were rubbish and were canned within an hour and replaced with Aquilla. I play a soprano uke but am looking for a tenor / concert and will be sticking with Aquilla strings.

I don't get drunk, I get awesome

Daddario do aquila strings under license to aquila

I use Worth strings and love them, they come twice as long so you can get two restrings with one set.

7 (edited by easybeat 2013-02-12 04:37:13)

How often should i replace the strings,Being nylon do they last longer than my steel guitar strings?
Look forward to your usual expert replies.

The King Of Audio Torture

right now I have daddario titanium (t2)s on my riptide baritone..  they are very bright sounding..  I have martins on my other baritone, and aquillas on the soprano.  there is a bloke in the uk that makes some fluoro strings that I am gonna try soon..  regarding changing the strings, I change them when they break, the whole set.
George Young and crew?

That bloke in the UK is none other than Ken Middleton who sells 'Living Water' strings. I can highly recommend them. I have a set on my Mainland concert and another set on my soprano 'basher'. A lot smoother than Aquilas with a real nice ring to them. Not as harsh as Worth browns. I'll be buying more.