Topic: Bushy's Christmas adventure

Hello all and merry exmas
This is what I did for Xmas.
On Monday morning about 3.30am, I was awoken with a great deal of pain and very shallow breathing. By the time my wife drove me to the nearest hospital, I was in pretty poor shape I am told. Once this hospital had stabilized my condition, I was put in a helicopter and flown to Brisbane. On arrival at Brisbane Hospital, I was rushed into O.R. And had three stints placed in an artery in my heart via a cut in my wrist. At around 4.30pm, I had another scare, so of to O.R.again where another stint was placed in another artery in my heart via a cut in my groin.
A bit sore and tender today but feeling very healthy otherwise.
To lie back on a table and watch a Doctor on a flat screen TV poking around in your heart is in nerving to say the least
Feeling good now and a chance of going home tomorrow.
All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Re: Bushy's Christmas adventure

Wow that is a Christmas present that no one wants!!!

I am glad that you are on the mend and I hope a full recovery is round the corner. Take care and let the pretty nurses do what they want with you smile..

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi bushy243
Sorry you were struck down so near Christmas. I can empathise with you as I had a heart attack in August and to cut a long story short have now 7 stents in my heart and taking a bucketful of meds.
The good thing is I'm fully recovered now and feel fine. Hope your recovery is as good as mine.
Good luck mate.
ark

Wow, what a story! I hope you get back to full health as soon as possible...
Happy Christmas!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Merry Christmas to ya bushy243.  Hope you have a speedy and full recovery.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Wishing you a speedy recovery bushy. Glad they fixed you up!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Get well Bushy,  Merry x-mas from Canada..

badeye    cool

one caper after another

Take care of yourself bushy and I wish you a healthy and happy 2013.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

There are two bright sides to this story.  First is that medicine has developed to the point they were able to do that work without breaking open your breast bone.  It's simply amazing what they can do, and it's wonderful that you have received the benefit of those advances.  It's not so great that you were in a situation where you had to, but isn't it great that it was there for you when you needed it.

The second bright side is you got a helicopter ride.  That's not as good as the first, but it's got bright blinky lights and a powerful engine and so what former schoolboy doesn't like helicopters? 

Get well and good luck with recovery.  We'll be praying for you here.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Bushy,
Quite a story. I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

I agree with Zurf, all that without having to crack open your chest? Incredible. The fact you're typing about it on Chordie so soon afterwards is also incredible.

Helicopter rides are cool but I bet you don't remember too much of it?

Get well soon.
dj

Bushey sounds like a very rough holiday,glad you pulled through it all and I hope your new year startsoff good.Keep us updated.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hey Bushy, All the best from across the pond, You probably thought it was the end of the world after all, it's excellent news you have come through and on the mend.

We had Aussi-style temperatures here for Christmas day, getting up to 30 deg down here in Dunedin at the bottom of NZ.  I had to have some extra beers just to remain hydrated!!

Hopefully you will be able to "catch up" before too long. All the best

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Wow, you got scrooged and grinched this year. Glad to hear that they were able to get you under control. Let's make a New Years resolution to not have any more episodes like this.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad everything worked out. Zurf beat me to it, but Be thankfull Santa had some helpers in scrubs, and a chopper to get you through the sky.  If it was a Bell Aircraft,, then Im glad I was a part of building the blades that got you there in time!

Get well soon.

Beamer.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Bushy, looks like you and me, both, got to spend our holidays "under the weather". Hope you a speedy recovery and a bright future. I have 2 stents, myself, and really began to feel better in a very short time. I'm sure you will be placed on blood thinners and blood pressure medicine, as I was, and these take some getting used too. You will have to be careful and watch out for cuts as you will bleed very easily. Also, if you develope a cough, as I did, it could be related to your blood pressure medicine. After taking the medicine that was prescribed by my doctor I discovered that the "ACE Inhibiters" found in that particular brand caused me to cough. I had the doctor change my prescription and the cough went away.

Nela.

PS, with my recent heart stent and kidney cancer surgury I have been told to not anticipate going back to work. I still am facing treatment for "Lymph Nodes and Nodules"' For someone who has worked hard all their life this is a very tough pill to swallow. Through work, I had a Long Term Disability Insurance policy that will pay me 60% of my salary. I have also had to sign up on Social Security Disability.
This is not something I wanted to do but I guess I'm lucky that I had the insurance policy and Social Security available for me.

NELA wrote:

Through work, I had a Long Term Disability Insurance policy that will pay me 60% of my salary. I have also had to sign up on Social Security Disability.
This is not something I wanted to do but I guess I'm lucky that I had the insurance policy and Social Security available for me.

I understand that this is not what you wanted, and I agree that you're lucky.  You're lucky in a way that I call making your own luck.  That insurance policy was a part of what you worked so hard for all those years.  It's as much a part of your compensation as your take home pay was.  Further, though the government would disagree, that Social Security is also part of what you worked for.  That stuff is yours just the same as if you had gotten the cash and paid for the policy yourself, or stashed it away in a rainy day fund through the years.  Don't feel any guilt whatsoever for not working to get your income now, because you ALREADY worked to get it.  You earned it.  Let yourself enjoy the free time, even while recognizing it's not your preference.  Check the quotes in my signature.  Never apologize for what you worked hard to get. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf wrote:
NELA wrote:

Through work, I had a Long Term Disability Insurance policy that will pay me 60% of my salary. I have also had to sign up on Social Security Disability.

I understand that this is not what you wanted, and I agree that you're lucky.  You're lucky in a way that I call making your own luck.  That insurance policy was a part of what you worked so hard for all those years.  It's as much a part of your compensation as your take home pay was.  Further, though the government would disagree, that Social Security is also part of what you worked for.  That stuff is yours just the same as if you had gotten the cash and paid for the policy yourself, or stashed it away in a rainy day fund through the years.  Don't feel any guilt whatsoever for not working to get your income now, because you ALREADY worked to get it.  You earned it.  Let yourself enjoy the free time, even while recognizing it's not your preference.  Check the quotes in my signature.  Never apologize for what you worked hard to get. 

- Zurf

I totally agree with zurf,it is not entitalment,more like something you have been paying for allyour working life.SSDI will usually pay you around 80% of your last pay grade,so that will come out too almost what you cleared,before,if you figure in what it cost for going too work (car,fuel etc),also lunches and other expenses.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Strewth Bushy, talk about a way to get a free trip to Brissie. Hope all is going well with you and the next time you come to town bring your guitar smile

All the best mate.

Epiphone DR500
Taylor 710Ce-Ltd
Epiphone SG400
Fender Squier CV50 Telecaster

Bushy!  Get better quick sir!  What a terrible way to spend Christmas, however, your wife will forever be grateful for the day to come and go with you still in her world.  I'm glad that it all went well in the end.

Nela - my dad went through it and a year later is still cancer free.  He's got some serious nerve damage from the chemo that didn't all appear until about 6 months after he was done, but he's alive and enjoying his permanent disability (something very difficult for him to do... retire!).

Both of you hang in there and get better.  I can't imagine Chordie without either of you!!!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Folks, thank you all for the kind words. Although we had a rough time over Xmas, everything seems to be OK health wise for me now. My Doctor said yesterday that my BP is excellent and that all appears good. A more thorough examination including ECG and ultrasound will be conducted in 3 months time. I will be on blood thinners and a few other drugs, probably for the rest of my life, but I am happy with this as the rest of my life was looking a bit shaky just over a week ago. I felt so elated after leaving the Doctors yesterday that I went and bought a new Maton 12 stringer (model EM425c for those that want to check it out on the Maton website) so happy NGD for Bushy.
A belated merry xmas and happy new year to all and happy birthday to Amy.
All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

bushy243 wrote:

I felt so elated after leaving the Doctors yesterday that I went and bought a new Maton 12 stringer (model EM425c for those that want to check it out on the Maton website) so happy NGD for Bushy.

Exceptionally good sense, sir.  Happy NGD.

Sounds like a very sensible recovery treatment to me.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Be careful about cutting yourself while on those thinners. Nothing like a new guitar to make ya feel a little better. Good start to a new year.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Good too hear you are on the mend and got a new guitar two play too boot!!

Glad to hear you're up and about Bushy. Happy NGD as well - nice guitar.

Epiphone DR500
Taylor 710Ce-Ltd
Epiphone SG400
Fender Squier CV50 Telecaster