Topic: Do I deserve a custom moderator title - suggestions?

I've noticed several of the mods have created or been given custom titles. Russ is the Alien, Zurf "The Other Bald Moderator", Roger is Laid Back, Amy is "The Chick".

I'm just a boring old "Moderator". So I'm asking - do I deserve a custom moderator title? Maybe I've found it in "Boring Old Moderator", how 'bout "Drunk Moderator" ?- that usually fits.

I'd like to hear suggestions - what say you chordians, got a super cool or otherwise (in)appropriate title for me? I would be honored to have one wink

Winning suggestion gets a chordiestock 2013 T-Shirt (if we have one)!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Do I deserve a custom moderator title - suggestions?

Generous, gracious, encouraging - any of those would work.  Since I know you're frequently on a hair trigger for a good cussing streak, how about "the barely contained moderator".  I do like "boring old moderator".  Given your proximity to the beach, "the barefoot moderator" could work.  Hmmm.  Yes.  I like that one.  The barefoot moderator. 

I think it's funny that I called myself the "other bald moderator" after Baldguitarguy named himself the "bald moderator", but now he's changed his title and I'm still the "other" bald moderator.   Guitarpix wins the overall prize with Underwater Firefighter, though.  I'm not sure that can be beat.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

3 (edited by dino48 2013-01-25 02:20:32)

Topdown,you deserve a custom title I think we can throw some suggestions out for you to chose from.  guitarslinger moderator.  some of the others will most likely have some good one's.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Since you live by the ocean now, and used to live by a lake, you could also go with 'the moist moderator' or 'the all wet moderator.'

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

5 (edited by Astronomikal 2013-01-25 02:18:40)

I got this one.  Since you like the song so much, and since we like hearing you play it, how about simply:

"Creep"

It's sure to leave all the newbies guessing.

smile  I WIN!

EDIT:
If I ever became a moderator, my title would be:  "MODERATE THIS, B*****S!"

It might be a good thing I'm not a moderator.  Feel free to use it.  smile

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

6 (edited by beamer 2013-01-25 02:22:59)

I vote for  THECREEP MOD,  Yea thats the ticket.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

How bout Tone-Def-Mod - works with my singing and has a modern hip-hop kinda vibe. big_smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I think topdown is cool enough in itself. I read the word topdown I see a bright red convertable[not no rice burner either] with white rolled and pleated interior ,wire wheels and white walled tires and a very contented man behind the wheel.His left hand is doing the steering with  help from a nikker knob and his right arm is around a sweet young thing in a poodle skirt. Like a broke drum, you can't beat it.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

topdown wrote:

...has a modern hip-hop kinda vibe...

Yeah.  Because that's SO you.
Fo' shizzle.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

How about Moder-gator?

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

How about.."His Everything"

A five yr old could understand this. Somebody fetch a five yr old !
Groucho Marx

Zurf wrote:

Generous, gracious, encouraging - any of those would work.  Since I know you're frequently on a hair trigger for a good cussing streak, how about "the barely contained moderator".  I do like "boring old moderator".  Given your proximity to the beach, "the barefoot moderator" could work.  Hmmm.  Yes.  I like that one.  The barefoot moderator. 

I think it's funny that I called myself the "other bald moderator" after Baldguitarguy named himself the "bald moderator", but now he's changed his title and I'm still the "other" bald moderator.   Guitarpix wins the overall prize with Underwater Firefighter, though.  I'm not sure that can be beat.

I'm not the guy, man. I'I'm the Dude, so that's what you call me. Or maybe His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

13 (edited by wlbaye 2013-01-25 14:52:00)

"Halfastmoderator"

you could add El To it ............

"El Halfastmoderator"

Later, Wayne P

wlbaye wrote:

"Halfastmoderator"

you could add El To it ............

"El Halfastmoderator"

The screen name I use on fishing and paddling sites is Halffastpaddler.

How about "Mighty Modulating Modulator"?

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

what about "the top-up moderator"?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

17 (edited by dino48 2013-01-25 20:03:09)

Jouryneman moderator? or the modzilla.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Baldguitardude wrote:
Zurf wrote:

I'm not the guy, man. I'I'm the Dude, so that's what you call me. Or maybe His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

My never-ending apologies for my mis-use of slang.

User friendly moderator,or when you are having an adult drink you can be the pickled moderator.

I imagine you sitting by the beach with a cool glass picking a tune......   Hmmmm I vote Margaretar or Margarator:)

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Zurf I was quoting the Big Lebowski. But I am very busy, as I imagine you are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJjCnWm5cvE

Guitarpix wrote:

I imagine you sitting by the beach with a cool glass picking a tune......  Margarator

That's it.  Pix wins.

Ringmodulator???

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Astronomikal wrote:
Guitarpix wrote:

I imagine you sitting by the beach with a cool glass picking a tune......  Margarator

That's it.  Pix wins.

I second the motion.

Well, neither of our Jeff's have a special name.  I just noticed that.  I'd like to see you guys as "Thing one" and "Thing Two" ... but then someone would have to choose to be two, and no one wants to be second.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.