Topic: Nylon String AE

anyone played a taylor 314ce? I'm thinking about getting rid of one of my semi hollowbodys (I don't need 2) and picking up a higher end acoustic electric w/nylon strings.

Thoughts?

Re: Nylon String AE

Sounds like a great adventure you're on, BGD ...

May I suggest that you look at the family of GODIN Multiac's at this site?

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinmultseriesp.htm

I have two guitars from the Godin family of companies (Norman, LaPatrie) and they are very high quality. There are several videos on their site demonstrating these, and they've been at a while with a lot of selection and experience.

Always fun scouting out a new instrument, eh?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to do that. I used to be a total brand whore when it came to buying guitars but (to your point) there's a lot of value to be found outside Taylor, Martin, Guild, etc.

4 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-01-25 19:11:32)

Understood & agreed;

Like another thread about great groups that no one's heard of, there's lots of great (and arguably, better) stuff just off the beaten path. The chappie doing the demos for the GODIN Multiac's is Benjamin Woods. I believe he originally hails from Seattle but now lives in L.A. Guitarists with skills like this make me want to take up knitting smile

When I bought my Larrivee last year, I was comparing it to a couple of slightly higher priced Taylor's. I know the Larrivee's are Canadian-made (Vancouver) but I didn't decide on it to be patriotic ... it just sounded and played better.

I have a Taylor 314ce. I love the guitar. It has the Expression system which I really like for plugging into an amp or PA. It's my main giging guitar when I solo. I highly recomend a 314ce and I really wouldn't mind owning two of them. But a 314ce isn't a nylon string. I know Taylor makes one with the Expression system option but I don't know what model it is. Enjoy the journey.

Joe

Just got the Guitar Center catalog they advertise a Taylor 214ce with Nylon Strings and pickup.
Probably a good sounding guitar.

Joe

Sry....Taylor 314 CN.

8 (edited by Zurf 2013-01-25 22:51:14)

Tenement Funster sounds like he knows what he's talking about. 

That said, I've played the Taylor 314 with the nylon strings and OH BOY it is a niiiiiiiiiiiiiice guitar.   (that may not have enough i's in it)

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

BGD ... did you ever get a nylon-string electro-acoustic? If so, what model did you settle on and how do you like it?