Topic: Les Paul with a maple fingerboard.

While playing today a new lead guitarist brought in a Les Paul with a maple fingerboard. He said it was from the 70s and very rare. They didn`t make them for a long time. The guitar was the real deal. The fretboard had mother of pearl block inlays and stood out like a light against the black body. Has anyone ever seen one of these? I usually don`t care for Les Pauls, but this one really impressed me. If it were rosewood or ebony it would have been just another Les Paul.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Live Fast, Love Hard,Die Young and Leave a Beautiful Corpse

Re: Les Paul with a maple fingerboard.

Les Paul's with a maple fretboard is weird, and looks out of place. (Would never play one in public)

I love the blues, and 70's rock, and can dig the new stuff. Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Page being my top three, I also enjoy Richie Blackmore, Rory Gallagher, and Santana (got my picture with him).