Topic: Posting own songs ?

Well ..
I'm a guitarist from germany and sometimes I write my own stuff.
It's never been recorded and published though I do some home-recording for my own pleasure.
Is it okay if I write down lyrics and chords and post them into Chordie's archives ?
This is not only for someone asking me for this material so I could lead him here,
It's also some kind of an archive for me if I may ever get lost of my stuff.

Or is it just okay if "well-known" artists are shown in chordie ?

Re: Posting own songs ?

Hi Bushido.

What kind of stuff do you write?  I'm always looking for new
songs.  Are they vocal tunes?  And you can't get any newer than
never published.  But I'm not a thief, mind you....  Can I listen to
some of it, or look at some of it?

Viele Grüße
.../gin

Hello Bushido - Here on the Songwriting forum you are encouraged to share your original songs with other chordie users.  Instructions for how to post songs so that they look 'all purdy like' are at the top of the forum's topic index (basically, the lyrics and chords just have to be in 'chordpro' format).

Chordie member Roger Guppy has set up a myspace page (myspace.com/friendsofchordie) where home recordings of original material can be posted.  To get your material included in the general chordie index, go to the 'Resources' page for instructions.

Look forward to seeing/hearing your songs.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Hi Bushido,

Welcome to Chordie, I heard James mention my name so to make life easier for you I thought I would come and say hello.

If you click on the 'Website' tag under my name it will take you straight to Friends of Chordie if you wish to see what's there. Click on my 'E-Mail' and send me a message if you want a song uploading to FoC.

I hope to see some songs from you on the forum soon.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Wow ... thanx a lot for your kind answers !!

Well ... to be honest ... it's just two little songs I'm talking about. Most of the stuff I do is intrumental because most of the time I have a guitar tune but can't find lyrics for it ... or the other side around. But I want to write more songs to sing along and will try to "build" more lyrics around my tunes. Hopefully I'll find someone who I could work together with so this person will be the lyrics-part of my music.
The trouble with the instrumental stuff is ... I can't write it down 'cause I cann't write or read tabs or notes. The only way to get my tunes fixed is to record it at home.

@VirginiaK
If you give me your email-adress I shurely will send you some songs but I hope you dont' expect too much from an amateur guitarist. You might find out yourself if you like it or not and I will be very pleased if you even would like to play some of it. No Copyrights are on it :-) so do what ever you like to do with it.