Topic: Fender Greta Amp. Does size matter?

I dropped my daughter off at the movies yesterday and figured I would go into guitar center JUST TO LOOK AROUND. I swore I wouldn`t buy anything. I ended up buying a Fender Greta Tube Amp. It is red and gold and looks like an old fashioned table radio. It has a 4" speaker and puts out a whopping 2 watts. Has anyone had any experience with one of these? Funny, when I was young I used to want the biggest most humongous amp I could get.(Marshall half stack) Now I like the small ones. (Pignose, Honeytone ). Who says size matters.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Fender Greta Amp. Does size matter?

i have a peavy bandit 112, it's not big but heavy...to be honest i dont want to buy any more equipment, but if i could find an amp that would give me the same power and sound i might be tempted.

my first amy was a selmer 5 watt, which gave great distortion but was still quiet even in my bedroom and never gave a clear sound even at minimum volume so would never do in a concert environment.

i've also done the marshall half stack and several other less than satisfactory boxes.

i once played through a fender amp....very impressed, but that was a biggie.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.