Topic: Error with Artists button

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to connect to MySQL and select database. MySQL reported: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading authorization packet', system error: 0.

I get the above message every time I hit the Artists button. I've never seen this before. I can only maneuver using the Arrow back/forward buttons to get to the Artists page. It actually took me all day to figure out how to even get Chordie to come up. Is Chordie experiencing problems?

Re: Error with Artists button

It seems to me the home page defaults to the Artists button when you log on. From there you simply browse by artist by hitting a letter. That said, I just switched from forum, resources, etc to Artists with no problems.

Chordie was down for a while earlier today - seems to be working fine.

If your problem continues, I suggest you email admin@chordie.com along with screen shots of the errors and details of your OS and Browser.

Good Luck!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Thanks Topdown. I just checked it again and I'm still experiencing the same problem. If I go from Forum, resources, etc to Artists I get this error message. I have to either use the back button or go to my bookmark pull down and reenter.  I don't seen to have any problems with any thing else. I'll give it awhile and if it doesn't correct itself I'll do as you suggested.

Thanks again.

I just checked it again and I'm still experiencing the same problem.

May I suggest clearing your cache and temporary files and then restarting your computer?  It's possible your browser could have the page image saved and is displaying an older image.  If the problem continues, contact admin@chordie.com - I am not having any issues today myself.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.